UKC

ARTICLE: Climbing all 82 x 4000m Peaks of the Alps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 19 Nov 2018
The Innominata Ridge on Mont Blanc.Ben Tibbetts, adventure photographer and IFMGA mountain guide, has become the second British climber to summit all 82 of the UIAA recognised 4,000m peaks in the Alps. Climbing all these mountains, however, was just part of a six year project to create his book: 'ALPENGLOW'.

Read more
 tingle 19 Nov 2018
In reply to UKC Articles:

First time i have ever kickstarted anything. Bens photos are great and i cant wait to get a look at it, well done! 

Sean Kelly 19 Nov 2018

Amazing no publisher will take this on board, or is this  from personal choice?

pneame 19 Nov 2018
In reply to Sean Kelly:

> Amazing no publisher will take this on board, or is this  from personal choice?

I'm curious to see Ben's answer, but I suspect that this falls into the "self published" area where the author (together with the publisher) foots some percentage of upfront production costs and then the any sales beyond a certain number start remunerating the author (and the publisher, of course). 

I'm not sure of the economics, but I suspect, as the risk is shared, that this is potentially more lucrative than conventional publication.

Good grief. I've outdone myself with weasel words there - "certain number", "suspect", "potentially"

Oh - and the book looks likely to be fabulous!  (Bonus weasel words - "likely to be". Of course it will be fabulous)

Post edited at 22:44
 Raskye 20 Nov 2018

Great pics Ben, good effort... You all kept your heads down and got on with the job the whole journey!

jcw 20 Nov 2018

Can't wait to get it

C Witter 21 Nov 2018

A great achievement - the summits, the photos and the book. I've really enjoyed seeing Ben's photos over the last year or more - on UKC (where they are consistently in the top 10 votes) and on his website. Day-dreaming over those bright images of ice fields and rock spires, alpine ridges and remote rifugi has made it hard at times to cope with the drab reality of work and rain in the North West. Alpenglow looks excellent: part guide, part photo essay, part art work. A contender for classic status, alongside Ken Wilson's Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Cold Climbs and so on - surely? I guess we'll see, in time. I look forward to receiving my pre-ordered copy...!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...