UKC

Adventure film suggestions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Thatcherite 23 Nov 2018

Hi UKC hive mind, I'm after a little help....

I'm a Scout leader and due to a last minute change in plan I need to arrange a meeting for this evening at short notice... Inspired by last weekends Kendall Mountain Festival I'm thinking of showing the scouts a load of awesome/inspiring/adventurous films... I'm thinking along the lines of Danny Macaskill's Wee Day Out, short, family friendly films that might just grab the Scouts attention and encourage them to get out more rather than playing Fortnite! 

So this is where you come in, can you suggest any suitable films that I can show to Scouts, need to be clean, and freely available (preferably downloadable).. I'm sure there's loads on BMC TV (Shauna and Pete go crack climbing maybe?) but I haven't got time to search through them all....

Thanks to anyone who makes a suggestion!

So far I've got;

UK in 100s

Dreamride 3 (although I can't download this so not sure I'll get it to work)

Flying Frenchies Surfing on zipline

Wee Day out

Headway

Afterglow

Thrudge 23 Nov 2018
In reply to Thatcherite:

Unbranded is a stunner of a film.  In brief: a documentary following four friends just out of college as they tame horses then ride them from the Mexican border to the Canadian border.  It's beautifully photographed, well told, and often moving.  Good clean fun, instructive, captivating, inspiring, and heavy on the outdoors.  I think your scouts would love it.  And you would, too.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3020666/

Available on Netflix.

Andy Johnson 23 Nov 2018
In reply to Thatcherite:

No Sleep Till Bakewell

youtube.com/watch?v=yJMWg1z-n90&

Toerag 23 Nov 2018
In reply to Thatcherite:

Something about Telemark commando raid? Didn't Ray Mears do something?  Polar expeditions are always good value too. 

OP Thatcherite 23 Nov 2018
In reply to Thrudge:

Thanks for the suggestion, looks a bit long for my meeting tonight looking for sub 20mins!!

OP Thatcherite 23 Nov 2018
In reply to Andy Johnson:

Thanks this looks good Tom and Pete seem nice lads, I'm sure there's no swearing in there right?!

Northern Star 23 Nov 2018
 Andy Johnson 23 Nov 2018
In reply to Thatcherite:

> I'm sure there's no swearing in there right?!

Not that I remember.

Bellie 23 Nov 2018
In reply to Thatcherite:

Always one of my favourites...   Jordan Manley and co go to Baffin Island.  Not too long, and very watchable.  More in the series too.

vimeo.com/33516816

elliott92 23 Nov 2018
In reply to Toerag:

+1 to mears' telemark series. Also his 4 seasons bushcraft show 

Welsh Kate 23 Nov 2018
In reply to Thatcherite:

Haven't got anything to add, I'm afraid, but what a great idea! Hope the scouts enjoy it.

marsbar 23 Nov 2018
In reply to Thatcherite:

I think at this time of year they might be a bit fed up of being stuck inside and not be great at sitting still and watching? 

I will have a look for the film of kayaking waterfalls for you and post a link

philipivan 23 Nov 2018
In reply to Thatcherite:

Loads of great stuff on red bull tv like inside twin galaxies https://www.redbull.com/int-en/tv/video/AP-1QHHXVBJN1W11/into-twin-galaxies

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...