UKC

COMPETITION: WINNER - Win the new BD Reactor Ice Tool

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 29 Nov 2018
BD Athlete Will Gadd has been putting Black Diamond gear to the test for over 20 years. He was an early proponent of our revolutionary carbon fiber ice tools—now known as the Cobra—and has been questing to the top of ice formations around the world with prototype ice gear ever since.

Read more
 Ramon Marin 30 Nov 2018
In reply to UKC Articles:

This tool looks really good, they've taken the best ideas from other manufacturers and put into one tool, very clever. 

climber34neil 30 Nov 2018
In reply to Ramon Marin:

Does look good, the info says it's optimised for pure ice climbing partly due to the pick angle so would be interesting to see how it is for tooling

Michael Gordon 30 Nov 2018
In reply to climber34neil:

I might be a bit wary if the pick is thinner than the average mixed pick.

Ramon Marin 30 Nov 2018
In reply to climber34neil:

I think this is their specialized ice tool to rival the nomics as the fuels are more of a hybrid, so I don't think these would be great for tooling, but I'm sure they are fine on mixed terrain, though with a thicker pick.

HeMa 30 Nov 2018
In reply to Ramon Marin:

Actually. The new reactor is by all accounts Cassin X-Dream in the ice optimized config. 

And I’m quite sure it’ll work with the mixed pick quite well in mixed. Scottish and continental. 

climber34neil 30 Nov 2018
In reply to Ramon Marin:

That's what I thought but the info on the BD chart states it's use as ice, mixed, alpine and drytooling. I was thinking about it more in terms of the geometry than anything else

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...