UKC

old quark picks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gravy 29 Nov 2018

Unless someone knows a source of picks for old quarks...

Anyone know the difference between old and new quark picks?

AFAIK the bolt/head pattern is the same but the pick thickness is slightly different.  I was wondering about skimming out the slot on my old quarks to take new picks (or shimming them is its the other way around).

ross 29 Nov 2018
In reply to gravy:

Hiya, I got some picks for old Quarks from Kuzniaszpeju and they are brilliant. I got the Tatra mixed ones but I think they do others too. They last ages and feel very solid. 

Cheers Ross 

OP gravy 29 Nov 2018

Splendid replies both of you - thanks!

starbug 02 Dec 2018
In reply to gravy:

Needle Sports have spares for most including quarks:

https://www.needlesports.com/1129/products/petzl-petzl-charlet-picks--older...

OP gravy 02 Dec 2018
In reply to starbug:

NS have a picture for quark picks but no quark picks in stock (been like that for years I think)... anyway the Kuzniaszpeju picks look good so I face the prospect of not having to re-file the stubs of my cascade picks even shorter...

DaveHK 02 Dec 2018
In reply to gravy:

> NS have a picture for quark picks but no quark picks in stock (been like that for years I think)...

That was my experience. I only got rid of mine because picks got so hard to find.

climber34neil 02 Dec 2018
In reply to gravy:

They are very good !

starbug 03 Dec 2018
In reply to gravy:

Apologies for the bum steer there. I just looked at what they actually have listing in stock and you are quite right there are no Quark pic's.

ColdWill 03 Dec 2018
In reply to gravy:

I have cut down a few old quark picks to fit my Nomics before. They should fit the same in reverse as the thickness is the same at the head, just won't be ble to get the hammer on. 

Post edited at 17:06
OP gravy 05 Dec 2018

Just got new picks from Kuzniaszpeju - haven't fitted them yet but they look exactly right. Good price and fast service and picks for all sorts of axes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...