UKC

Best Area to Buy Shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dilatory 04 Dec 2018

Bit of a random one but I'm wanting to try on as many different shoes as possible. Happy to take a day trip. I want to potentially move away from all the Scarpa I currently own and buy some theoretical perfect shoe. Where in the UK has the best concentration of places to buy climbing shoes  be they gyms, shops etc?

climber34neil 04 Dec 2018
In reply to dilatory:

I would think banana fingers probably up there with the most to choose from

Mike Stretford 04 Dec 2018
In reply to dilatory:

Manchester is probably a contender with Costwolds, EB, GO, Snow and Rock and the 4 walls. If you took in a session at the Depot one day and Awesome Stockport the next, it wouldn't be a waste of a wet weekend.

(other walls are available but those are my picks)

Andy Hardy 04 Dec 2018
In reply to dilatory:

If you're still in N Wales, then I would start in Llanberis, then go to Betws, via Capel Curig. Plenty of shops along the way.

OP dilatory 04 Dec 2018
In reply to Andy Hardy:

Yeah, it's only really V12 with a decent spread of shoes. Joe brown and rockb are both a bit thin and only really stock some Sportiva and Boreal shoes typically. Maybe if Tenaya turn into the perfect fit I can stop at V12, but thought could make a day of it as suggest by the Manchester comment. 

Guy Hurst 04 Dec 2018
In reply to dilatory:

Keswick and/or Ambleside. All the usual suspects, plus a few really good independents.

timparkin 04 Dec 2018
In reply to Guy Hurst:

I visited Keswick and tried everything that Kong and Needlesports had to offer (which was a fair amount but not as much as I'd hoped. Turned out to be enough though)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...