UKC

PODCAST: Factor Two - S2 Episode 2: Me and My Shadow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 17 Dec 2018
Mina Leslie-WujastykIn this second Factor Two podcast series, Wil Treasure continues to share stories from the climbing world through interviews with both well-known and lesser-known characters. In-depth, personal accounts that aren't read from a page on a variety of themes. Settle down with a cuppa and have a listen...

Mina Leslie-Wujastyk has already established herself as one of the best sport climbers in the country, with redpoints up to 8c. For the past few seasons she has been attempting Rainshadow, Steve McClure's iconic 9a at Malham. I wanted to understand how Mina stays focussed on a long term goal, and how she does that in the face of the chance that she might never succeed.

Read more
 pan_marcin 17 Dec 2018
In reply to UKC Articles:

Are you going to upload new episodes to Stitcher?

Wil Treasure 17 Dec 2018
In reply to pan_marcin:

> Are you going to upload new episodes to Stitcher?

It should appear in any major podcast app, including Stitcher.

In reply to UKC Articles:

That was really interesting and stimulating. Thanks Wil - and thanks Mina for being so open. Many years ago (mid 80s), studying (well, mainly climbing!) at Ilkley College, I became interested in flow. At the time it wasnt really a thing in climbing, except through the descriptions of people's experiences in  some of the better literature. In relation to performance, it had been  picked up in things like Inner Tennis and the other books that followed that- Inner Skiing etc.. I came across the concept in reading about surfing and decided to do my dissertation on it. I haven't thought much about it until recently when I came across it in Hazel's blog - so that was fascinating hear how you are seeking to engineer flow as a tool for performance. Looking forward to hearing about your forthcoming flow on Rainshadow - and thanks again for this excellent podcast.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...