UKC

Winter Sun Rock = Sun Burn?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fakey Rocks 27 Dec 2018

Haven't been abroad in a long long time!

I'm the fair skin burn easy type, so would appreciate advice from similar types.

I don't find suncream or block really helps much when you are out in it for 8 hrs, although no doubt a lot of that time will be spent more covered up whilst not climbing.

In Jan - March,....

If you go somewhere possibly sunny for many days, like France? , although it looks much more likely that Spanish crags could easily have a whole week or more of sun than French ones, and I climb every other day or more, are you likely to get sun burn, or is it generally not so warm so you will be climbing fairly covered up too?

(Will probably be off to the Tarragona / Lleida area crags if Spain)

I guess once it gets into April and longer days with sun higher in the sky the answer will be yes, so just wondering about late Autumn, Winter and early Spring....

Post edited at 10:21
 Dell 27 Dec 2018
In reply to Fakey Rocks:

Just do what would do in summer. Long sleeves, factor 50 etc.

protect ya neck!  A bandana pinned to the back of a hat or helmet, makes you look stupid but better than skin cancer. 

LeeWood 27 Dec 2018
In reply to Fakey Rocks:

March should be a good month for you. Perhaps warm enough in the shade with a jkt - or not too hot in sun. Combined with some altitude at higher crags - some breeze at more exposed sectors.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...