UKC

Lance and Honnold Video Podcast

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JLS 12 Jan 2019

I thought this was quite good...

youtube.com/watch?v=qvsBz7hbIj8&

Steve Wetton 12 Jan 2019
In reply to JLS:

It’s a long and interesting pod cast I agree. Honnald comes over as a top chap, LA as a complete knob. Mind......good reason for both I guess!

mark s 12 Jan 2019
In reply to JLS:

I really like lance. He just did what everyone else did in his day. If had been French or Italian he would still be regarded the best 

afx22 12 Jan 2019
In reply to JLS:

I liked it when Honold said he’d read ‘It’s Not About The Bike’ and Lance said “Yeah.  I might left some bits out of that!l

Jim Lancs 12 Jan 2019
In reply to mark s:

> I really like lance. He just did what everyone else did in his day. If had been French or Italian he would still be regarded the best 

No he didn't. I presented himself as 'different', as the saviour of cycling and tied himself  inextricably with his cancer survivor program. A lot of people struggling with cancer really 'believed in him' to a degree that was almost cult like. To do all this whilst perpetrating a huge deliberate lie based on intimidation and fear is not like anyone else.

I was in Austin with the LA Cancer Foundation's 'Ride the Roses' event just before the revelations and to think of those people who were so inspired by his performance have it all crumble to dust, puts him in a league of his own. He didn't simply follow the crowd, he deliberately and cynically used every foul means to essential promote and enrich himself. Truly vile.

Post edited at 22:42
 Levy_danny 13 Jan 2019
In reply to mark s:

I don’t mind about the drugs as like you said the majority of people were doing it at the time. I just can’t get over how he treated people that spoke up about him. 

dan gibson 13 Jan 2019
In reply to mark s:

Read ' Seven Deadly Sins' by David Walsh, to get a measure of the man. The intimidation, bullying and destroying other people's lives and careers. He had a huge legal machine behind him that allowed him to get away with his cheating for so long.

The number one scumbag of sport, he should be in prison.

DaveHK 13 Jan 2019
In reply to mark s:

> I really like lance. He just did what everyone else did in his day. If had been French or Italian he would still be regarded the best 

That's bollocks.

planetmarshall 13 Jan 2019
In reply to mark s:

> I really like lance. He just did what everyone else did in his day.

Lance wasn't just a user, he was a dealer, and did his best to ruin the lives of those who called him out. It saddens me to see him getting a pass.

nathan79 13 Jan 2019
In reply to Levy_danny:

Same here. Drugs aren't the issue, it's the type of person he showed himself to be.

In reply to JLS:

Not made it through the full thing yet but I wish Lance would shut up at some points and let Alex talk. 

GravitySucks 13 Jan 2019
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

Lance :  "It's all about .........me me me " !

Removed User 14 Jan 2019
In reply to planetmarshall:

> Lance wasn't just a user, he was a dealer, and did his best to ruin the lives of those who called him out. It saddens me to see him getting a pass.

I think he "gets a pass" because he is such an intriguing character. Narcissistic, sociopathic, driven. You can even see it in this interview. Its almost as if you can't help but like him and yet I imagine that he is an utterly awful person to be around. There must be some name to this phenomenon, where we forgive these people their worst failings. 

krikoman 14 Jan 2019
In reply to Jim Lancs:

Bravo!!

ChrisBrooke 14 Jan 2019
In reply to Removed User:

> There must be some name to this phenomenon, where we forgive these people their worst failings. 

Humility? 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...