UKC

Ultralight Outdoor Gear - Recommendation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Southvillain 14 Feb 2019

I looked on UOG's website this morning and they were advertising a Crux Halo jacket at £148 (down from a reported RRP of £248). So I ordered it. But UOG then immediately emailed me to admit they'd made a mistake with the prices. The RRP is £298 and the sale price is £264. Under their T&C's no contract is formed until delivery, so I had no right to demand they stick to the advertised price. But they offered to sell the jacket to me at a discount and we agreed £190. Which I thought was very good of them! Just confirmed my previous good impression of them.  

Pedro50 14 Feb 2019
In reply to Southvillain:

Yes they always seemed excellent.

I have always had great customer service from them.

Dave Cundy 14 Feb 2019

So their Ts and Cs say the contract is only formed when they deliver?  Surely the contract is formed when you make an offer to buy and they accept to sell.  And in this electronic age, a judge might consider that the seller has given their agreement by the successful completion of the purchase process.

I bet that's why they made you a good offer afterwards

r0b 14 Feb 2019
In reply to Dave Cundy:

No, is that's what their Ts and Cs say then that's what it is.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/somethings-gone-wrong-with-a-pur...

Dave Cundy 14 Feb 2019
In reply to r0b:

Terms and conditions may be written by the seller but they have to equally fair to both parties,  otherwise a judge might determine that part or all of the contract is unenforceable.

Having just read UOG's Ts and Cs, they seem to be operating in a grey area of the law.  They are taking money (so ought to be entering into a contract) but then saying the contract is entered only when they send the goods. This seems to be an instance where contract law hasn't kept pace with the digital age.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...