UKC

Scarpa Maestro Mid

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 joe.91 18 Feb 2019

Anybody used the mid versions of the Maestro's?

Considering a pair for long routes in the alps when sized with a thin sock, however upon reading the review of the normal versions on here stating that they aren't very supportive I'm unsure if they would be able to handle 20+ pitches in a day.

LucaC 18 Feb 2019
In reply to joe.91:

Yeah, I bought a pair of them for the same use. I found the sized smaller than anticipated and didn't climb that well mostly because the sole is so thick that they feel clunky. They've been relegated to wearing on VDiff when teaching. I just went back to Vapour V's sized comfy which are perfect for big routes in my opinion. 

OP joe.91 18 Feb 2019
In reply to LucaC:

That's a little disappointing they looked rather good!

rgold 19 Feb 2019
In reply to joe.91:

By far the most important thing for long routes is comfort; "feel" and/or "support" are of no use if you are in agony after a few hours.

Nowadays, the standard for long routes are TC Pros, but they aren't comfortable for me for long periods.  I think the Maestros are a little wider in the forefoot, which works better for me.  I really like them; they don't feel clunky to me and I can wear them for long periods of time, although I haven't tried 20 pitches straight in them.

Exile 19 Feb 2019
In reply to joe.91:

Not a huge amount of help as not first hand, but a friend got them for the purpose you describe and loves them.

Lemony 19 Feb 2019
In reply to joe.91:

I love the Maestros, not climbed super hard in them - something like E2 5c, f6c, F6c* off the top of my head - but the idea they're only good for VD plodding seems a bit off.

*That's more me than  the shoes though.

edit: I meant to say, they aren't mega supportive but they've not been a problem for me on 10+ pitch days.

Post edited at 20:54
In reply to Lemony:

Yes, likewise, I like my Maestros for long days and up to around F6c - beyond that they are a bit clunky and I switch to the Instinct VS.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...