UKC

Grivel Monsters

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 13 Mar 2019

Bought a set of these about 4 years ago and then my climbing partner decided to have a second family (selfish git) so I've never used them. Heading to the Rockies this weekend with a chance of some ice climbing but wondering what people's thoughts are on these tools?

Luke01 13 Mar 2019
In reply to Removed User:

I had some a good few years back. I liked them for mixed climbing, they really feel like you can abuse them. I think they were OK for ice at the time, but they're quite heavy through the shaft so the swing isn't as nice as, say, a Nomic. 

Removed User 13 Mar 2019
In reply to Luke01:

Thanks. Kinda what I thought. I'll give them a go and see.

Exile 13 Mar 2019

X Monsters?  If so, I've used them for about eight years(?) I originally thought Id replace them with a more Gucci tool at some point, but have seen no point.  I've used them a lot on mixed, for which they are great, and up to Scottish VI 6 ice for which they are perfectly adequate, but probably don't swing as well as some tools. 

cb294 13 Mar 2019

Monsters are great, but then I am bit of a Grivel fanboy anyway. For most of what I do I am better off with my Quantum techs, which have the same pick. You should be fine!

CB

Removed User 13 Mar 2019
In reply to cb294:

Thanks Guys. I'm looking forwards to it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...