UKC

Green Costa Blanca guidebook

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bpmclimb 20 Mar 2019

There's a Spanish Costa Blanca guidebook, with a green (maybe green and black) cover, which locals have let me have a peek at, a couple of times, once at Aventador a few years ago, and again last month at Bellus. The chap at Bellus said it was only available locally (Montesa?). Not sure how much of CB it covers: it's a biggish book, but contains lots of large topos, so it could be just the north, I suppose. Does anyone know any more about this - where one might get a copy? Thanks.

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 20 Mar 2019
In reply to bpmclimb:

Sounds like it could be the Vinolopo guidebook which covers the crags in the broad valley that runs north west from Alicante,

Chris

OP bpmclimb 20 Mar 2019
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Not sure ... it definitely had both Aventador and Bellus in it, which would put it too far north for Vinolopo ..... ?

.... just found the title with a bit of Googling, then saw it included in UKC guidebooks. Guia d'Escalada de l'Estret de les Aigues i de la Costera. I gather one can only buy it locally.

Post edited at 12:37
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 20 Mar 2019
In reply to bpmclimb:

Okay, I will try and look that out next time we are there. The Vinolopo book is green which made me think it might be what you had seen,

Chris

Neil Morrison 21 Mar 2019
In reply to bpmclimb: A lovingly crafted local guide to some fantastic crags not in the rockfax. It also has some poorer “local” crags. I saw it out there but bought it online from maybe NeedleSport. It serves the area well and I only hope the revision of the Costa Blanca Rockfax doesn’t impact on it.

StevieH 21 Mar 2019
In reply to Neil Morrison:

There are also two new guidebooks out splitting the area into north and south. They have been written by two Spanish guys and are in Spanish, French and English. They are called Levante north and south.

The books are meant to be in the climbing shops in Alicante now and are also available to order from there website now. 

I think the uncertainty of Brexit tariffs is slowing down imports into the UK!

OP bpmclimb 24 Mar 2019
In reply to StevieH:

Interesting. I wonder if the've done a rewrite/update of Tallat Roig in the North volume. Can't seem to find a list of crags covered .......

OP bpmclimb 24 Mar 2019
In reply to Neil Morrison:

I would have thought, by and large, it's a different customer base. That book appears to cover very thoroughly a small selection of crags in one specific area; also, it's not that easy to get hold of in the UK. I want a copy because I'm really into the countryside and crags around the Rio Albaida, and am planning to stay in that area again; the topo/route order/grade information is (apparently) reliably accurate .... and also because I'm something of a guidebook addict

Neil Morrison 25 Mar 2019
In reply to bpmclimb:

Glad you are buying one and I suffer the same when it comes to buying guidebooks. I’m not sure the locals would take such sanguine view of the activities of Rockfax or some of the German guides. I always recall a sign at St leger warning about pirate guides 

pete johnson 25 Mar 2019
In reply to bpmclimb:

I got a copy from cordee

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...