UKC

April Fools...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Southvillain 01 Apr 2019

A `must have' for anyone living the van life. (tho' a bit of a give-away in the link!)

https://eu.blackdiamondequipment.com/en_GB/honnold_spatula_landing.html?utm...

deepsoup 01 Apr 2019
In reply to Southvillain:

For those of us who prefer bricks and mortar to staying in a van, this looks fantastic.  (Actually it really does!)

https://www.islandescapes.im/blog/holiday-makers/a-new-isolated-island-esca...

AndySL 01 Apr 2019

If they really made those, I'd buy one.

Toby_W 01 Apr 2019
In reply to AndySL:

Only if it was titanium

Toby

PaulJepson 01 Apr 2019

Didn't the heated chalk bag actually become a reality after they were inundated with orders?

WaterMonkey 01 Apr 2019

I'd buy one for my van if they made it!

OP Southvillain 01 Apr 2019
In reply to AndySL:

> If they really made those, I'd buy one.

Well...the site does allow you to select it and proceed to the checkout, but I can't be arsed enough to set up an account to see if you get all the way through only to be told `Aha! April Fool!!' Give it a go and let us know.

Phil Anderson 01 Apr 2019

> Well...the site does allow you to select it and proceed to the checkout, but I can't be arsed enough to set up an account to see if you get all the way through only to be told `Aha! April Fool!!' Give it a go and let us know.

I have, and I've paid for it + postage! No April fool message so far.

I figured that they wouldn't mention all the money going to Alex's charitable foundation as a joke so maybe they actually made some. Worth a punt, especially as if I'm wrong I'm assuming the money will find it's way to the charity anyway.

I may look like a gullible tw*t now, but when I'm parked up in my van, chowing down on scrambled eggs straight from the pan with my Honnold-signed spatula you'll all be green with envy!!! Mwahahahahaaaa!

slab_happy 01 Apr 2019
In reply to Phil Anderson:

They credit "Get It Right" for "spatula creation" and it looks like one of these:

https://gir.co/shop/spatulas

And the website says they do custom orders for promotions etc., so presumably Black Diamond got a job lot printed up with logo and signature. If so, top marks to them for follow-through!

OP Southvillain 01 Apr 2019
In reply to Phil Anderson:

> I have, and I've paid for it + postage! No April fool message so far.

> I may look like a gullible tw*t now, but when I'm parked up in my van, chowing down on scrambled eggs straight from the pan with my Honnold-signed spatula you'll all be green with envy!!! Mwahahahahaaaa!

Top marks! An `april fool' that `works'. And if its all for charity who can complain. But the very idea did make me smile because it reminded me of sitting next to a young lady at a screening of "Free Solo" who let out a cross between a groan and a sigh when it got to the part with Alex H doing the classis student/single bloke thing of just chucking random food into a frying pan and then stirring it with said spatula.

nufkin 01 Apr 2019

But there's a who swathe of gullible left-handed folk excluded by BD's rampant pro-dexter agenda

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...