UKC

Brexiteers’ responsibility

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/apr/02/devices-rail-lines-suspecte...

Oh good. Far right terrorism starting up. On the same day that fellow gets sentenced for plotting to murder Rosie Cooper MP too (always seems to be the women these people go for, doesn’t it?).

I wonder whether the ERG will ever acknowledge that their silly rhetoric helps empower this stuff?!

(Just kidding, of course. But wouldn’t it be great if May announced that that’s two strikes; one more and we’ll have a second referendum in which Leave will be fined 10,000 votes per similar incident.)

jcm

Post edited at 17:43
 john arran 02 Apr 2019
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

"Police are investigating attempts to sabotage rail lines after two devices bearing pro-Brexit slogans were planted on train tracks...

"Assistant chief constable Sean O’Callaghan, of the British Transport Police, said: ...

"our early assessment has led us to believe it relates to Britain’s exit from the European Union."

Clearly you don't rise to the ranks of Assistant Chief Constable without having acute powers of observation and deduction

Andy Hardy 02 Apr 2019

> Oh good. Far right terrorism starting up. On the same day that fellow gets sentenced for plotting to murder Rosie Cooper MP too (always seems to be the women these people go for, doesn’t it?).

> I wonder whether the ERG will ever acknowledge that their silly rhetoric helps empower this stuff?!

It would be more impressive if the mail, the sun etc stopped theirs.

I really can't see what creating additional delays for rail passengers will do to promote their cause

balmybaldwin 02 Apr 2019
In reply to Andy Hardy:

> It would be more impressive if the mail, the sun etc stopped theirs.

> I really can't see what creating additional delays for rail passengers will do to promote their cause

Come on, everyone knows it's only Elites that use trains

Pete Pozman 02 Apr 2019

I think this is supposed to be the promised civil unrest. The usual involuntarily celibate nutters targetting women. There's a reason these losers aren't listened to. They just need to get a fight started so they can stand around and watch it.

Dave Garnett 02 Apr 2019
In reply to Andy Hardy:

> I really can't see what creating additional delays for rail passengers will do to promote their cause

It's logic innit?  If you stop people leaving for Europe, you must be encouraging leaving from Europe.

Although, if you think about it in terms of net migration...

pasbury 02 Apr 2019
In reply to john arran:

I rest easy in the knowledge that Brexiteers couldn’t organise a thread about three pebble slab.

However the forces driving them are sinister, undemocratic and driven by the asset rich and privileged.

Fozzy 02 Apr 2019

Drivel such as this from Fromage only serves to incite this kind of idiocy https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-brexit-rifle-pi...

Hopefully the only person that Nige will ever shoot is himself. 

In reply to Fozzy:

Quite

jcm

elliott92 02 Apr 2019

Ultimately i don't agree in the EU project (ideology) as a whole, but was a fence sitter for the obvious economical reasons. In the end i voted out as i do see the EU crashing in a big way one day. I also (foolishly, i know) trusted that our politicians would be able to negotiate a soft-ish brexit within 2 years. Sure there would be a few bumps, but what i didn't bet on was the current government AND the opposition, being such a shit show bunch of f*cking idiots, hell bent on infighting that they leave us with our cocks pissing into the wind and nowhere to turn.

I'd like to apologise for my vote, it was a mistake. Although my own political views and ideologies haven't changed on the subject, my faith in our politicians have, and if there were another vote i would be ticking remain (begrudgingly, but that's not the point). I have signed all the remain petitions that have been posted here.

Needed to get that off my chest

Dave Garnett 02 Apr 2019
In reply to elliott92:

> Needed to get that off my chest

It's OK, we shall never speak of this again.

Ridge 02 Apr 2019
In reply to Fozzy:

> "But if they don't deliver this Brexit that I spent 25 years of my life working for, then I will be forced to don khaki, pick up a rifle and head for the front lines.

What an utter spunkbubble.

JLS 02 Apr 2019
In reply to Fozzy:

>”Hopefully the only person that Nige will ever shoot is himself.”

Nigel is exceptional.

It’s wrong to wish harm on politicians.

In reply to JLS:

> It’s wrong to wish harm on politicians.

Even if that harm is self-inflicted...?

Fozzy 02 Apr 2019
In reply to JLS:

> >”Hopefully the only person that Nige will ever shoot is himself.”

> Nigel is exceptional.

Exceptionally tw*ttish. 

Pete Pozman 03 Apr 2019
In reply to Ridge:

> > "But if they don't deliver this Brexit that I spent 25 years of my life working for, then I will be forced to don khaki, pick up a rifle and head for the front lines.

> What an utter spunkbubble.

Spaffbubble? 

Pete Pozman 03 Apr 2019
In reply to Fozzy:

None of the real soldiers I see in the supermarket wear khaki. However, at one weekend in the year you can see loads of people strolling round Pickering in khaki during the back to the '40s weekend . 

DerwentDiluted 03 Apr 2019
In reply to Pete Pozman:

>  The usual involuntarily celibate nutters targetting women. 

Don't they call themselves 'Incels'?

I always thought 'Inadequankers' was a more fitting portmanteau.

Andy Hardy 03 Apr 2019
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

I'd be buying shares in pot noodles if I was sure they were made in the UK

Ian W 03 Apr 2019
 Hat Dude 03 Apr 2019
In reply to Ridge:

"But if they don't deliver this Brexit that I spent 25 years of my life working for, then I will be forced to don khaki, pick up a rifle and head for the front lines. As long as I don't have to walk to get there."

FTFY

fred99 03 Apr 2019
In reply to Hat Dude:

Hopefully he will "pick up a rifle", then the Police will be able, legally and with the blessing of a majority of the voting population, shoot the b*st*rd full of holes.

Trevers 03 Apr 2019

Trains are delayed due to leavers on the line.

wercat 03 Apr 2019
In reply to Fozzy:

> Drivel such as this from Fromage only serves to incite this kind of idiocy https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-brexit-rifle-pi...

> Hopefully the only person that Nige will ever shoot is himself. 

I would already have shot him if I had had both the weapon and the opportunity - this thought I had long ago and I stand by it.  I really wish he had died in that plane crash

How much cost and harm can one man bring about scot-free?  He deserves something particularly unpleasant

Post edited at 12:11
In reply to Fozzy:

Much as I dislike the man I would rather we remainers behaved above the "I hope they die" rhetoric used by some leavers incited by some appalling journalism from our press (Mail, Express and Sun). This behaviour does not befit a democratic country.

Personally I doubt he will be leading the charge to the arms cabinet (it might require him to leave his pint) but there are some that might relish that opportunity.

Hat Dude 03 Apr 2019
In reply to Profanitynotsanity:

Mr Farrago has always struck me as somebody who makes the bullets then expects somebody else to fire them

In reply to Hat Dude:

A bit like Hitler then (the analogy is deliberate).

wercat 03 Apr 2019

It's not for his opinions that he deserves something awful but for what he has done and for the fears he's put in my wife and others in her situation for her future.  For that he deserves anything he gets

He has waged war on the status quo and on people's futures

Post edited at 16:03
 jkarran 03 Apr 2019
In reply to Hat Dude:

>  "But if they don't deliver this Brexit that I spent 25 years of my life working for, then I will be forced to don khaki, pick up a rifle and head for the front lines."

I presumed rifle was wide-boy slang for a roll of notes and The Front Lines an early opening Wetherspoons.

jk

In reply to wercat:

I understand your anger. You never know what the future might bring - he could get a knighthood!

fred99 04 Apr 2019

> I understand your anger. You never know what the future might bring - he could get a knighthood!

You never know, we can only hope that Her Majesty might be inviting him to kneel in front of her. (Meanwhile she's ensured that her Equerry gets the sword sharpened fit to shave with !!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...