UKC

Shoedoctor. EU experience (rock boots resoleing)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JCLeeds 13 Apr 2019

So I've used Llanberis previously (who I liked but doesn't have rands in stock atm) and Chida (who has terrible customer service and contact), feet first seem to get hit and miss reviews. 

Anyone used the shoedoctor? Seems reasonably priced and does a collection and redelivery service for about the same as if I were to have the work done in the UK. 

Any first hand experience? 

robert-hutton 13 Apr 2019
In reply to JCLeeds:

Haven't used shoedoctor but used www.shoedoc.eu who are outstanding

In reply to JCLeeds:

Cant recommend him enough, really good customer service and does a great job, I have had 7+ pairs done now with George.

I lot of people also know it as fixarock@gmail.com and I think that is still the best email for him.

Hope that helps

robert-hutton 13 Apr 2019
In reply to ecrinscollective:

Seems that shoedoctor and shoedoc are completely different persons in fact different countries, both might be good.

In reply to robert-hutton:

Good point I just thought he had the web address wrong, this is the one I recommend.

http://www.shoedoc.eu/rock%20climbing.htm

don't know about the other.

guy127917 13 Apr 2019
In reply to robert-hutton:

I have used shoe doctor (the Slovenia based one) a couple of times and I have to say the quality of resole is excellent- particularly pleased with genius noedge resoles for which he uses an official replacement sole. Delivery is expensive compared to uk places but batches up is worth it for me. Also did a great job with hiking boots and a pair of Nepal cubes I sent.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...