UKC

Troutdale Pinnacle jug surprise

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Misha 13 Apr 2019

It might be a figment of my imagination but I seem to recall hearing or reading that some people have in the past left an unpleasant surprise present in a big jug high up on Troutdale Pinnacle. Would anyone be able to confirm this or am I making things up?

Babika 14 Apr 2019
In reply to Misha:

I found a very unpleasant surprise on the TP slab once and had to arrange my ropes very carefully to keep them away. I did post about it on UKC at the time so maybe thats what youre remembering? 

birdie num num 14 Apr 2019
In reply to Misha:

It depends on your interpretation of unpleasant Misha. A jug is a jug. Regardless of how initially squishy it is.

Cake 14 Apr 2019
In reply to birdie num num:

little brown jug?

Sleepy_trucker 14 Apr 2019
In reply to Misha:

I wouldn't do it obviously but the thought of someone finding a trout in said jug tickled me!

Martin Hore 14 Apr 2019
In reply to Misha:

Not on Troutdale Pinnacle, but I once encountered something very similar behind a jug-hold halfway up the final pitch of Preposterous Tales. If you've climb it you'll understand my incredulity. Someone (just possibly some dog, but I very much doubt it) must have taken a dump in the hollow at the top, probably not realising that an inadvertent slip would send them straight down a 20m chute followed by a 30m freefall into the ocean. 

Martin

Pay Attention 14 Apr 2019
In reply to Martin Hore:

Preposterous Tales?  

Your story certainly qualifies for that!

yes, I've climbed it and can't imagine how .....

In reply to Martin Hore:

Thrown in by a dog walker who didn't want to bag it but didn't want to leave it? A bit of a boring solution.

GrahamD 15 Apr 2019
In reply to Martin Hore:

You too ? Not halfway up the last pitch but on the finishing jug as you pull out into that hollow.  We were lucky in so much as we had a mate at the top, worried we'd taken so long with route, to warn us.

OP Misha 15 Apr 2019
In reply to GrahamD:

Everyone needs a friend when times are a bit shit...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...