UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Reach: a teenage climber defines her own limits

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 19 Apr 2019
Reach Climbing Film Our Friday Night Video this week is a heart-wrenching feature about a teenage climber called Clare. When she was 13, Clare suffered a life-altering stroke which left her unable to move anything but her left eye. The first word that she spelt out with her eye was walk. And she was soon determined to go climbing.

Read more
 Andy Reeve 20 Apr 2019
In reply to UKC News:

I thought this was brilliant, and very moving.

Well done Clare, Nick, Robin, and Hazel.

Chris_Mellor 20 Apr 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Lost for words. Almost tearful watching it. Totally stunning.

ericinbristol 20 Apr 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Wow wow wow. So moving and beautiful! Well done all! Especially Clare! 

minimike 20 Apr 2019
In reply to UKC News:

That’s the most inspiring thing I’ve seen this year. Talk about conquering your own Everest. The sheer vision and determination to dream like that when in her position takes my breath away. Wow

Greasy Prusiks 20 Apr 2019
In reply to UKC News:

What a phenomenal bit of climbing!

Good luck with the rest of your climbing Claire. 

Andy Hardy 20 Apr 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Fan-bloody-tastic. Humbling and inspiring, well done Clare, what a film!

slab_happy 21 Apr 2019
In reply to UKC News:

What a badass, to hold out for climbing rather than sock monkeys!

Also, what an eloquent writer/speaker -- it sounds like she's always loved climbing literature, and I wonder if she's ever thought of writing articles or a blog about her climbing?

full stottie 21 Apr 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Fantastic and humbling and inspiring. Clare is a superstar and the people who help her to climb are just amazing. I'm full of respect for them all. What a life-enriching film. brilliant.

Dave

Greenbanks 21 Apr 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Some of the best *** climbing I’ve ever seen. Great stuff that girl. A real legend

Andrew Kin 22 Apr 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Just watched this.  Lost for words.  Inspirational girl and those involved should be so proud of their achievements

pneame 22 Apr 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Brilliant and inspiring. She sums up climbing very nicely!

DerwentDiluted 22 Apr 2019
In reply to UKC News

What an amazing woman. I never thought the day would come when I'd be watching footage of Horseshoe quarry with tears rolling down my face. 

girlymonkey 22 Apr 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Amazing to see how far she has come. Also an eye opener as to the benefits of exercise for all. Often I see people with physical disabilities and don't think about how their abilities could improve with training. The progress from needing her hands to be velcroed to the jumar to then using holds with hands and feet is incredible! What a testament to this young lady's determination and that of her team. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...