UKC

Belogradchik rocks, Bulgaria

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi, I'm going to be visiting Bulgaria for a few days, I've seen videos of and heard about the climbing at belogradchik rocks, are there any topos/guides available for the area? Have given the Internet a trawl but no luck

Matthew 

Petar Samkov 06 Jun 2019
In reply to buffclimbymatthew:

Hi there 

I live in Wales myself but originally from around there, so let me put it that way- if you’re visiting Bulgaria and want to get some climbing experience that’s the last place you want to go . 

Generally talking climbing there is not allowed as it’s protected area ( UNESCO and etc) and climbing there could lead to stopping access to other climbing areas most of which are in national parks and currently the climbing there is grey area ( same as the welsh coastal crags , imagine loosing Pembroke and Gogarth) 

Second thing is the rock itself is soft conglomerate so-not that stable and having in mind most routes are established way back in the day by visiting German climbers (ring bolts every 10/15 m ) I hope you get the idea. Go and visit the place it’s amazing but in terms of climbing there is so much to choose from . 

If you need some more info feel free to drop me line . 

Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...