UKC

Climbing trousers with a long leg

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi All

After some advice, I am looking for some climbing trousers, lighter summer ones, that have a long inside leg or have an long leg option when buying ( 33 + inch), ideally in bright colours, with a belt and not to baggy (I find E9 way to baggy)

I have been wearing Edelrid but they stopped making that model, not really found any thing else that works.

thanks in advance

Cheers Rob

olddirtydoggy 24 May 2019
In reply to ecrinscollective:

Montane do long leg sizes in many of their trousers.

Luke90 24 May 2019

Prana do a variety of leg lengths up to 34" in some of their models. I wish they'd do it across their whole range but it's great that it's at least available on some of them.

johncook 24 May 2019

Troll are still making the omni, and if you are a non-standard size, they will make a pair to order. Contact them via their web page. They are a North Yorkshire based, UK company who have been around for many years. 

Mr. Lee 24 May 2019

Mountain Equipment and Prana both do long leg trousers. 

tjhare1 25 May 2019

Wonder over to mum and dads and ask to try on my orange montura ones if you like - think they are long leg.

Robbie Blease 25 May 2019

I have exactly the same problem! If you get Montane,  make sure you check the size guide because the leg size goes up with the waist. I bought a pair of 30 waist long leg and they were only 29inches leg!!!

I've just managed to get hold of a pair of mountain equipment beta trousers which are nice and long with a good fit as well. The best bit is they are orange!

otherwise, prana and rab do some good ones but you generally have to go with more boring colours. Check out the rab torque.

Good luck!

Hi All

Thanks for the replies.

I hadn't thought about Montane I will give them a look, but I guess no bright colours.

I have a pair of mountain equipment hope pants but find the fit not quite right for climbing, I like the look of the Inception pant anyone knows if it fits the same?

I have also looked at 3rd rock which look great but don't have a m long leg in stock.

Does anyone know a good place to find Prana for sale with the long leg option?

Cheers Tom for the offer will try and pop round

thanks again

Mark Stevenson 25 May 2019

Have a look at the Ocun Mania pants, they meet all your other criteria.

I'm a 29" waist and 33" inside leg and the size Small are pretty much long enough, which isn't generally the case with other brands. Couldn't swear they are actually 33" but they are at least a generous 32". However, I don't know if the larger sizes have longer legs or not.

HTH

Post edited at 20:59
 Neil Morrison 25 May 2019

Bananafingers

In reply to Mark Stevenson:

Hi Mark,

I really like the look of Ocun trousers and there size guide says they do a long leg option, but I cant find any online, I have just dropped them an email.

cheers

OwenM 26 May 2019

Being a bit of a short arse I find any trousers by Rab to be ridiculously long in the leg. I think they only make trousers with 34 inch in seems. How they ever sell anything is beyond me 

MischaHY 26 May 2019

For a more mountain oriented trouser check out the Lundhags Authentic pant. It's actually designed as a hiking/mountaineering trouser but it's articulated for better range of movement and is very stretchy so actually makes for a really durable climbing trouser, especially on colder days. 

Mark Stevenson 26 May 2019

V12 will special order stuff from Ocun  (assuming it's actually in stock with the manufacturer - not every size/colour was) but it's payment in advance, also the returns policy is likely to be different from normal.

I just got them to order me another pair of Mania pants for myself last week in the light green which them don't normally stock.

Mark Stevenson 26 May 2019
In reply to OwenM:

With RAB, until very recently they haven't done different leg lengths. The leg length therefore changed considerably along with the waist size - Small was 30/30 changing to XL at 36/34.

If you are slim and tall their trousers didn't fit either.

However the good news is that they now seem to be changing to offering more long and short leg versions.

Hi All

thanks again for the updates.

Owen - I have been told Rab should fit but don't glad to hear they are doing different leg options again,

MischaHY - thanks for the idea, they could be a bit to warm (i live near Briançon )

Mark - great to know about v12, I will see if head office get back if not try v12, 

cheers everyone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...