UKC

PODCAST: Factor Two - S2 Episode 4: No More Worlds - Leo Houlding

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 28 May 2019
El Capitan. Back in 1998 Leo Houlding and Patch Hammond achieved something almost unthinkable – a near onsight ascent of El Capitan. They were just 18, had no big wall experience and headed to Yosemite without any great ambitions for the big faces.

In this second Factor Two podcast series, Wil Treasure continues to share stories from the climbing world through interviews with both well-known and lesser-known characters. In-depth, personal accounts that aren't read from a page on a variety of themes. Settle down with a cuppa and have a listen...

Read more
In reply to UKC Articles:

Brilliant stuff! Remember one of my climbing mentors talking about this when I started climbing. Brilliant to hear Leo talking about it. 

Ed Booth 28 May 2019

Awesome!! It mentions a previous podcast about leo on masters and lord. Does anybody know which one this was??

Wil Treasure 28 May 2019
In reply to Ed Booth:

It's the one with Jerry and Caff rather than Leo. The first episode. I was hoping to interview Leo for that one too but it didn't work out in time.

Ed Booth 29 May 2019
In reply to Wil Treasure:

Great podcast. Be great to have one with a bit more detail of the north wales period also had . He mentions in this one about him and Patch regularly onsighting E7, quite a few got written up in the mags but pre UKC logbook days most wont be recorded so it would be great to get a detailed insight to it all and what was going down. 

AdamBrown 29 May 2019

Superb podcast, nice insight to the time. I remember hearing a story of Leo falling out of a pub in N Wales and going to solo a 7b on the slate in the nude with only a rope tied to his rollocks. No idea where/how I heard this. I'm assuming that's next in the series so I look forward to hearing all about it.

Ed Booth 29 May 2019
In reply to AdamBrown:

Thought it was redhead that did a slate route naked with rope tied rounds balls

AdamBrown 29 May 2019
In reply to Ed Booth:

Does sound more his style I suppose...  youtube.com/watch?v=wGKtEB-8IXE&t=429

Dave Foster 30 May 2019

Brilliant.

pauls911 06 Jun 2019

Quality! More of this please!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...