UKC

NEWS: First ascent of GreatNess Wall (E10 7a) for Steve McClure

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 29 May 2019
Yesterday we reported that Steve McClure had made the first ascent of the headwall project at Nesscliffe. Steve named the route Greatness Wall and graded it E10 7a. The project has been attempted by Nesscliffe legend Nick Dixon and has since seen attention from Ed Booth and most notably James McHaffie.

Read more
In reply to UKC News:

Nice Steve, amazing!

Glad James got away with that fall too, I think I'd need to change more than my helmet after that one!

xyz 30 May 2019

Just awesome we’ll done Steve

Caff’s fall is one of the scariest bits of climbing footage I’ve ever seen on film and really illustrates the tiny margin between being in complete control and totally out of control. I’m so glad he came away relatively unscathed. It also shows the value of having a belayer who is attentive and you can trust 100%.

Chapeau to everyone 

steveb2006 30 May 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Nice one. Presumably other cams would also protect the lower half! - But not the upper as demonstrated on the video - glad nothing worse than bruisers and broken helmet.

SuperLee1985 03 Jun 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Impressive ascent. I can't get over how humble Steve is; the fact that he felt ready to give the lead a go but waited a while to give others a crack at the FA... top Bloke!

Michael Hood 03 Jun 2019
In reply to SuperLee1985:

More impressive is that he climbs E10 7a and still eats pasties

Isn't it great that climbing is a sport/activity where punters and elite performers are not separated by fame.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...