UKC

Lake District Clean Routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 joe.91 30 May 2019

Old topic was archived, thought I'd restart as I've seen that Nagasaki Grooves (E4 6b) has been cleaned top to bottom and has been climbed! Not sure when it was last in a clean state?

Also went to Upper Heron Crag few weeks ago, routes are a little dusty from the winter but clean. 

Jon Stewart 30 May 2019
In reply to joe.91:

What did you think of upper heron? Not been, sounds worth checking out. 

OP joe.91 30 May 2019
In reply to Jon Stewart: Interesting rock compared to the rest of the valley, top out it awful maybe take a rope and rig prior, will help.

In reply to Jon Stewart:

Heron Crag Buttress is a great route, and worth keeping clean, but not on upper Heron.

DC

Scott Quinn 30 May 2019
In reply to joe.91:

Cleaned by Frazer Scott over about 5/6 visits!!!!!

what a man - removed the old stuck gear aswell really looking forward to getting onto it when it dries again

Jon Stewart 30 May 2019
In reply to Scott Quinn:

Awesome. Have you done No Holds Barred (E2 5b)? I'm guessing it'd need cleaning on lead.

tmawer 30 May 2019
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Not sure if Scott has done it but I did it a couple of times years ago and thought it was excellent. I suspect cleaning it on lead would be a herculean effort.... If you do, please video as I'd love to see what state it is in. 

Jon Stewart 30 May 2019
In reply to tmawer:

> Not sure if Scott has done it but I did it a couple of times years ago and thought it was excellent. I suspect cleaning it on lead would be a herculean effort.... If you do, please video as I'd love to see what state it is in. 

Is the top accessible to clean on ab, or would finding the top be a herculean effort too? 

In reply to Jon Stewart:

From what I remember it ends at a tree in the middle of nowhere. 

It had been cleaned when I did it, the huge pile of debris below the route left me questioning whether it was the right thing to do. 

tmawer 30 May 2019
In reply to Jon Stewart:

My memory, which is famously unreliable, would suggest getting to the top of the route would be extremely challenging. I see it was cleaned on lead in 2017 so perhaps not as bad as I imagine. Certainly great climbing when clean, as were many round on Grange crags. 

GPN 07 Jun 2019
In reply to joe.91:

Here’s s trio of E6s which I know have been cleaned/climbed in the last few weeks:

Shaken Not Stirred (E6 6b) on Iving Crag in Kentmere. The peg runner looks ok and can be backed up with a wire above.

Internal Combustion (E6 6c) Raven Crag Threshthwaite - PRs look in ok condition.

Sixpence (E6 6b) Pavey Ark

OP joe.91 10 Jun 2019
In reply to joe.91:

Went to  Castle Crag yesterday, crag pretty clean. Did the classic Zoar and Vortigern which were both enjoyable! 

OP joe.91 01 Jul 2019
In reply to joe.91:

Headed up to Great End Crag yesterday, climbed Banzai Pipeline. Little dirty but excellent. 

In reply to joe.91:

Goth (E1 5b) on Pillar Rock was cleaned and climbed recently. Still worth three stars apparently, especially if you move left onto the arete of Charybdis after the crux.

Post edited at 12:32

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...