UKC

Multi pitch climbing tuition

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mattprince 16 Jun 2019

Hi all, 

In the final run up to my MCI reassessment I am looking for people to take out multi pitch climbing on the following days. Pairs would be ideal & location can either be Bristol / Chepstow or North Wales. 

23rd & 24th June

5th July

14th July

20th & 21st July

Thanks in advance. 

The usual disclaimers apply
MCI Trainee - As an MCI trainee I do not , as yet, hold the Mountaineering & Climbing Instructor Award which is the recognised training qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification.

Insurance - I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or benefits in kind for instruction, but as a volunteer with membership of a mountaineering council of the UK or Eire I am insured for third party liability. These topics will need to be discussed in detail and agreed before an activity is conducted.

ljettoo 25 Jun 2019
In reply to mattprince:

Hi Matt,

Me and my brother have been climbing about 10 -12 years now, but we've only ever stuck to bouldering and sport climbing. I currently work as an instructor but only have a CWI and am looking to get an RCI at some point in the future, hence why i need to learn how to do some trad.  My brother is also quite keen to learn, so we could come as a pair. We're based in London and are able to travel, so Bristol/Chepstow area would be much easier for us. 

We could both come down on the 5th July as well as the 20th/21st. 

With regards to kit, we have no trad equipment, between us we have one harness and one rope, so if you could provide that'd be great.

If this all sounds good we'd love to come down and have a go at some multipitch with you, you can drop me an email at ljettoo@hotmail.co.uk.

thanks

all the best

Lawrence Jettoo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...