UKC

Alternatives to Petzl hangers?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 OwlBear 24 Jun 2019

Does anyone know of any alternatives to Petzl Coeur hangers to fit 10mm through bolts? After trawling the internet for a few weeks the only ones I have found (quite by chance! Google is useless for this!) that are at all innovative is the ones from Bolt Products. Glue ins are not a practical option here (Singapore) for a variety of reasons.

Thanks in advance.

jimtitt 24 Jun 2019
In reply to OwlBear:

Not sure Google is the problem!

Metolious

ClimbTech.

Fixe

Raumer

AustriAlpine

Climbing Technology

Singing Rock

and there are others.

I have sent plenty of glue-ins to Singapore, what's the difficulty?

Jim Titt

Bolt Products, Germany.

OP OwlBear 24 Jun 2019
In reply to jimtitt:

Thanks Jim 👍🏻Only your product looks any different (read ‘better’) than the others listed (I’m still waiting on your quote for shipping btw, emailed you last week - Alex ).

I bolt exclusively at night due to my family and work commitments, when it often rains mid-bolting. I have been labouring under the (possibly mistaken) impression that it’s not cool to have water in the bolt hole when placing glue-ins. It doesn’t make a jot’s difference to my Hilti HSA-R’s if it’s a bit damp. Most other people that bolt here do so during the day when it’s drier and the scorpions/ snakes/ giant ants/ termites/ spiders/ giant centipedes don’t come rushing over to see what all the vibration is being caused by - so speed of placement is quite high on my agenda. The tropics is definitely a secondary fun place to do new routes.

NB - I’ve emailed you again 👍🏻

Post edited at 14:48
 sheppy 27 Jun 2019
In reply to OwlBear:

Many resins will work in damp/wet/sodden/underwater environments but the speed of placement sounds pretty important so maybe best stick to the through bolts 8-)

sheppy 27 Jun 2019
In reply to jimtitt:

Jim whats your up to date Email for ordering? A friend said he messaged a couple of times but didn't hear back

Cheers.

jimtitt 27 Jun 2019
In reply to sheppy:

I´ve just replied, bit of a problem with my internet, it was the hottest day ever recorded for June over here and the 37° is playing hell with my router as it´s in the attic!

OP OwlBear 30 Jun 2019
In reply to sheppy:

You learn something new every day! I’ll look into that once I’ve gotten through my current stock of bolts and hangars, as I’d much rather people could remove them easily and re-use the holes in 20-30 years time. All we have here is Singapore is one old smallish granite quarry, so route real estate is at a premium. There are other places that might be climbable, but they’re strictly closed to the public (and the Police here are not inclined towards leniency when rules are broken).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...