UKC

La Pedriza info

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 justdoit 30 Jun 2019

hi im very keen for a trip to La Pedriza, im just wondering from others who have been before when is the best time to go ? I imagine its very hot in summer ? so would it be autumn / spring. can you go in the winter months as well ? 

also are there any guidebook out there for the place? 

thank you

afshapes 30 Jun 2019
In reply to justdoit:

Went there the end of September last year and it was too hot for the friction dependent slabs.  If I was the go again , which I really want to because it's stunning,  it would be in March.  

Patones which is near by is a brilliant normal Spanish limestone crag.  

Both have guides , in Spanish , that aren't amazing tbh but the rock fax app has some selected climbs!  

MeMeMe 30 Jun 2019
In reply to afshapes:

We struggled to find the crags with he Rockfax app. I could see where they were on the map but there was no marked paths and the terrain is rough so it was hard to find places. Which is a shame because the topos looked really good. This may be due to my incompetence however!

We ended up borrowing one of the local guidebooks and I found that easier to find the crags with.

If you are looking for somewhere to stay then I can recommend an Airbnb in el Boalo. It’s staying with a family but they are climbers and wrote the local bouldering guidebook. We were travelling light and they lent us a rope, they were really friendly!

Will Hunt 30 Jun 2019
In reply to justdoit:

I had a night in a tent in the car park at Easter and when we woke up there was ice on the inside of the tent. Had a decent day climbing some random slabs - warm in the sun, frigid in the shade. We packed up and drove to El Chorro. This said more about the kind of trip we wanted than about the venue though!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...