UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: The new Black Series trekking pole: award-winning technical elegance 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 02 Jul 2019
Black Series thumb LEKI's new, award-winning Black Series trekking pole (£194.95) offers the highest technical and aesthetic standards on the market. 

Read more
 TobyA 02 Jul 2019
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

>  highest technical and aesthetic standards on the market. 

I wanted to be the first to do an incredulous "aesthetic standards!?!?!?!?" with some additional angry face emoticons, but on second thoughts, having had a look at them, they do look quite swish. Which you would want for nearly 200 quid!

Happy to review a pair to see if they still look so smart covered in Peak District peat bog and sheep sh*t and scratched up by Welsh scree fields.

Blue Straggler 02 Jul 2019
In reply to TobyA:

>

> I wanted to be the first to do an incredulous "aesthetic standards!?!?!?!?" with some additional angry face emoticons

You could have questioned the disparity between
"packed with technical features"
and
" a simple pull and click into place"

You can't do angry face emoticons effectively on here can you?

I continue to cherish my 4-section Trek Mates folding poles that I got in Blacks for £45 

99ster 02 Jul 2019

"Whether for trekking, multi day hikes or via ferratas; this pole impresses with its versatility."

Via ferratas...?  Errrr....how does a pole help with that..?

Andy Hardy 02 Jul 2019

I've never done any "carbon performance trekking", so it looks like I've swerved the £195 I'd have to pay for a suitable pole.

MonkeyPuzzle 02 Jul 2019
In reply to 99ster:

> "Whether for trekking, multi day hikes or via ferratas; this pole impresses with its versatility."

> Via ferratas...?  Errrr....how does a pole help with that..?

You loop the pole over the cable and slide down like a zip-wire.

jezb1 02 Jul 2019

For £200 they'd have to carry my pack for me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...