UKC

Using emergency whistle on Petzl ACTIK Headlamp

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi,

Just bought a new ACTIK Core from Petzl and very impressed with it. It has an emergency whistle on the headband but I can't for the life of me figure out how to use it.

Does anyone have one and could shed some light on it?

Cheers!

In reply to The Climbminister:

Try blowing into it.

Rick Graham 04 Jul 2019
In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut:

> Try blowing into it.

Only as a last resort.

The usual ticklist for any of these new fangled products is to check the internet connection, have you logged in with the correct password, is your subscription up to date, are the batteries charged and with a good connection?

This gives a demo of the using the whistle at 3 mins 24 sec: 

youtube.com/watch?v=Bpo5UTUvyNs& .

In reply to Climbing Pieman:

Looks like you just blow into it. 

PPP 04 Jul 2019

With all the seriousness, you are probably holding it wrong - did you cover the chute thing? 

john arran 04 Jul 2019

Try turning it off and on again.

Hey guys, admittedly this topic is rather humorous as given by the number of sarcastic comments. Whilst I assumed all whistles were created equal, this one is rather bad. I think I'll either have to hone the technique or just give up on it together.

I think you'd find that if any of you had the same torch, you'd have the same issue, it's pretty difficult to achieve a remotely loud sound with having to use all the air in your lungs in a single go. 

AlanLittle 04 Jul 2019

I gave it a try with my, and it certainly does seem like it needs a bit of experimentation & practice with the embouchure

Billhook 05 Jul 2019

Are you blowing into the correct  end?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...