UKC

Cotton Climbing Shorts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 spidermonkey09 12 Jul 2019

Hi all,

I've had an old first generation pair of Moon Cypher shorts for years but the hole in the seat has become unacceptably large. Thus, I need a new pair. Unfortunately, the new edition of the Cypher is synthetic and I want a hard wearing cotton pair. I've had a look around and found the Patagonia Venga and Black Diamond Credo which both look ok, but before I take a punt can anyone suggest anything? I know its a bit weird not wanting a light synthetic pair but I just do! Cheers, Jim

Andy Hardy 12 Jul 2019
In reply to spidermonkey09:

Mend them for additional cred?

In reply to Andy Hardy:

Knowing spidermonkey09 quite well, and knowing how little he likes spending money, I have a feeling that if he's asking the question then the shorts are a long way beyond repair (or have been repaired so many times that they're more repair than they are the original shorts). 

Post edited at 15:56
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

That is unfair in the extreme!

Edit: I am actually still wearing the shorts but am conscious the clock is ticking on them before a very embarrassing incident occurs!

Post edited at 16:16

Ocun Honk shorts?

Removed User 13 Jul 2019

E9 do something that might suit. Rondo short or somesuch.

geordiepie 14 Jul 2019

Alpkit do some cotton shorts that might fit the bill

Dale Berry 14 Jul 2019

3rd Rock could well be worth a look.

Marmolata 14 Jul 2019

I'm currently very happy with my Directe Alpine climbing pants. Much better quality than my BD Credo shorts and made in Europe on top. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...