UKC

Seeking waterproof trousers with drop seat

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SXPembs 15 Jul 2019

Can anyone recommend a model of waterproof trousers with leg / seat zips that enable one to drop the seat while wearing a harness (without unbuckling leg loops)? Intended use is mountaineering on long technical rock routes, e.g. Bugaboos.

My current pair are Mountain Hardwear men's ice climbing trousers in size small, which have one huge zip running from ankle to ankle across the back. They are fantastic and have done sterling service for almost 20 years, but Mountain Hardwear don't make that style any more. 

I can't seem to find replacements. Needlesports recommended the Women's Manaslu pant, but they don't fit me at all. Any other suggestions? Obscure brands welcome!

Post edited at 09:50
 random_watcher 16 Jul 2019
In reply to SXPembs:

From a quick look around Norrona and Arcteryx both off a hardshell trouser with drop seat, neither are cheap but I guess if they have what you want and last another 20 years might be worth looking at. 

OP SXPembs 17 Jul 2019
In reply to random_watcher:

Thanks for suggesting Norrona, which I hadn't heard of. It sounds as though their soon-to-be-released Trollveggen Goretex pants might work, so I'll try those when they become available.

I am waiting to try the Arcteryx Alpha AR trousers. My waterproof jacket is Arcteryx and I've been happy with it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...