UKC

Grands Montets Lifts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mmmhumous 15 Jul 2019

As the Logan and Montets lifts are out of action due to last year's fire (https://www.planetski.eu/news/10820), does anyone know if the Herse or Bochard lifts are running at the moment?

Mick Bradshaw 15 Jul 2019
In reply to mmmhumous:

It looks like only the Plan Joran lift is running over the summer...

You can find live lift info at;

https://www.montblancnaturalresort.com/en/infos-live

tehmarks 16 Jul 2019
In reply to mmmhumous:

Just Plan Joran. The man at the campsite in Les Chosalets said there was a rumour they'd be opening more uplift with the Plan Joran (I arrived before anything was open) - but it appears it was exactly that: a rumour.

Best get your hill legs on and start walking

jcw 16 Jul 2019
In reply to tehmarks:

What's more it was closed between 11.30 and 13.30 last week, at any rate. No otherlifts in the area working at all. 

OP mmmhumous 22 Jul 2019
In reply to mmmhumous:

Thanks all! As we want to minimise trudging time, it looks like we'll git the Petite Verte a miss on this trip then. 

kevin stephens 22 Jul 2019
In reply to mmmhumous:

Does anyone know if the top lift will be open in time for next ski season?

jcw 22 Jul 2019
In reply to kevin stephens:

no it won't. 

HammondR 22 Jul 2019
In reply to kevin stephens:it will probably be at least 3 years before it is rebuilt. In view of the possible cost and engineering challenges many locals think it will never happen.

kevin stephens 22 Jul 2019
In reply to HammondR:

Thanks, I read they put in a skin track from top of the Bochard last season, how was it?

HammondR 23 Jul 2019
In reply to kevin stephens: Well I posted a detailed reply to this which was devoured by the ether!

it was about 35 minutes to the Col Rachasse via the Bochard and an hour via the Herse when the Bochard was bust. A further half hour to the top. Tracks all over the place. 

kevin stephens 23 Jul 2019
In reply to HammondR:

Thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...