UKC

Sella ronda MTB clockwise...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dan bulman 17 Jul 2019

Doing first dolomites trip in sept to get on some via feratta. 

Looking at MTB hire for day off climbing and sella ronda clockwise looks good.

Can anyone else recommend it or other routes? Guide necessary? 

We're gonna be based campitello do fassa.

Thanks.

JLS 17 Jul 2019
In reply to dan bulman:

Never done it off-road but on the basis that if you lose the trail you'll enevitably pick up the road, from which you'll manage to navigate yourself back on course it shouldn't be too difficult to get yourself round it.

Will you use the lifts or try to ride right around?

https://www.sellaronda-mtb.com/pdf/Faltkarte_Sellaronda_MTB_680x390_1206_lo...

OP dan bulman 17 Jul 2019
In reply to JLS:

Planning to use the lifts. There is a specific ticket for the route by the sound of it. Clockwise direction is apparently 330m uphill over 50+k of riding!

JLS 17 Jul 2019
In reply to dan bulman:

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. The road ride is spectacular enough. I'm here/there now. Ebikes seem to be the thing these days. I wonder if hiring an eBike is cheaper than the lift ticket... Mind you I'm not sure if you'd get up all the climbs on one charge...?

OP dan bulman 17 Jul 2019
In reply to JLS:

Hmmm, yea dunno. Never used one. It looks like a gobsmackingly amazing place, can't wait. Hope you have a good trip.

AJH 17 Jul 2019
In reply to JLS:

We went last year for via ferrata and hired emtbs on a murky day with the lift pass as well. They were only marginally more expensive than nonpowered bikes. Had loads of time to do the whole thing plus bits off to the side and still enough charge to go up a couple of passes on the road as well just for a laugh. 

Absolutely fantastic day. Can't recommend it enough.

Matt Schwarz 18 Jul 2019
In reply to dan bulman:

We dId it guided as we weren't  able to buy the pass seperately at the time. It was a great day out and would definitely do it again.

Book your bike hire in advance as they'll need to swap the brakes over, makes the riding way more fun and safer than having to unlearn years of practice!

AJH 18 Jul 2019
In reply to AJH:

Forgot to say, we didn't use a guide and can't see why you would need one. There's a free map and plenty of signposts, and you can buy a lift pass yourself.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...