UKC

Any bouldering near bridport, dorset.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 marktrik 20 Jul 2019

In a couple of weeks time I'm off to bridport on holiday with the family, we are staying near a place called burton bradstock. As we are staying there for 2 weeks i figured i need a bit of climbing time.

Anyone know of any possible boldering spots near by, prefer outdoor as it is summer. 

Thanks.

deepstar 20 Jul 2019
In reply to marktrik:

I think Portland would be your best bet, about 25 miles away.

johnl 20 Jul 2019
In reply to marktrik:

There is quite a good little bouldering centre in Bridport: https://rockburn-bridport.com/

for a quick hit or if you can't get outdoors. If you can Portland is well worth a visit, about 45 minutes away; there is a Rockfax guide and extensive information on the UKC database.

overdrawnboy 21 Jul 2019
In reply to marktrik:

Try the cliffs at West Bay but be prepared to run or wear a large hard hat!

Post edited at 14:53
OP marktrik 25 Jul 2019
In reply to johnl:

Ye i saw the bouldering place in bridport, looks good for an indoor session. 

I thinking portland might be a little to far away to get a quick fix, however it does look good.

Thanks.

OP marktrik 25 Jul 2019
In reply to overdrawnboy:

I did think about the cliffs at West Bay,  traversing and climbing a few meters up. How secure are they, climbable....

It would be helpful as its walking distance from our site.

Thanks.

ebdon 25 Jul 2019
In reply to marktrik:

I would thoroughly recommend spending as little time as possible under any of the cliffs around there they are exceedingly loose! The cliffs at west bay have been responsible for a few fatalities of holiday makers in recent years.

Welsh Kate 25 Jul 2019
In reply to marktrik:

I'm with ebdon. I wouldn't go anywhere near the cliffs at West Bay!

OP marktrik 25 Jul 2019
In reply to marktrik:

Thanks for the advice, think i will give up on that plan.

overdrawnboy 26 Jul 2019
In reply to marktrik:

> I did think about the cliffs at West Bay,  traversing and climbing a few meters up. How secure are they, climbable....

> It would be helpful as its walking distance from our site.

In the words of the much missed "Supertopo"  

"Yer gonna die!!!"

PhilMW 01 Aug 2019
In reply to marktrik:

If you want some easy safe bouldering the top of Neddyfields is good. Grass verge to fall on, minimal pads needed. And you can walk down through to the lighthouse and there is LOADS of little crags on the way. Park at the Cheyne Weares carpark if you cant get into the Neddy spaces.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...