UKC

Rab Articulated Hood Issue

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ScottTalbot 23 Jul 2019

Is anyone else having trouble with Rab's Articulated Hood design, on their hardshells?

The Helmet Compatible hood, on my Spark Jacket, seems to continually come loose at the back, as it pulls the slack from the front toggles!? I'm not sure if it's a design flaw, or a manufacturing problem, so thought I'd see if any of you are having the same issue. This is when I'm not using a helmet. To be honest, I haven't used this jacket with a helmet yet, so haven't tested it with...

I'm finding that because it loosens at the back, the hood continually falls forwards over my eyes, until I tear it off in a rage! As a result, I get soaked through, which isn't ideal in a hardshell haha!

In reply to ScottTalbot:

Sounds like a slipping toggle. I had an original Latok Alpine, similar problem with waist drawcord. I contacted Rab, they replaced it for one that worked. They also fixed a taping issue with pocket bag.

Stuart

OP ScottTalbot 23 Jul 2019
In reply to Stuart the postie:

Nope. The toggle isn't slipping, as the excess is getting longer at the back.

The problem is that the elastic doesn't loop back round the head. Instead, it goes from the back, round the forehead, then out the front of the jacket. In effect, it's joining the head tensioner and face tensioner together.

OP ScottTalbot 29 Jul 2019
In reply to ScottTalbot:

So, I took the jacket back to Cotswolds and they have sent it to Rab. Apparently Rab's current turnaround is 4-6 weeks! I thought that was bad, until I mentioned sending my down jacket in for cleaning... 8-12 weeks for cleaning currently!!! 😳

john arran 29 Jul 2019
In reply to ScottTalbot:

After a confused misreading of the thread title, it's occured to me that a good name for a future Rab top - one with a stored hood - would be the Rab In-hood.

OP ScottTalbot 29 Jul 2019
In reply to john arran:

If they're giving to the poor, I'll take one of the new Kinetic Alpine Jackets! If for no other reason, than to see if they stand up to UK weather..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...