UKC

Solo climbing destinations early October

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 glilje 15 Aug 2019

Due to a change in jobs it's looking like I will have a week off around the second week of October, and I'd really like to take the opportunity to get some climbing in! 

Unfortunately, I can't find anyone who can get some time off around the same period. Are there any destinations that would be easy to find partners at? I've recently started getting into trad (S/HS level) so would be keen to get some more time at that, but would also be happy doing sport (~6c level), or even DWS... cheers for any tips! I'd be happy to get out anywhere in europe, or i'd even stay in the UK if I could be sure on the weather....

dsauerbrun 17 Aug 2019
In reply to glilje:

hey there, I think my site https://www.climbcation.com might be able to help you. I built it to give people ideas on world class climbing destinations to check out based on their filters. You could go in there, choose "trad" and "sport" as the climbing types, Oct to Oct as the months, check "Solo Friendly", and then move the map over to europe to filter to that part of the world. You could also pick a grade filter as well to make sure you aren't sent to a crag that has particularly harder climbing(for example, I wouldn't really go to rodellar unless I was climbing at least 7a).

As for a personal suggestion, I think geyikbayiri would be a great spot. The climbing is incredible, it's super easy to find partners if you stay at josito or climbers garden, the food is the best in the world(opinion), and it's dirt cheap.

Post edited at 14:50
 abr1966 17 Aug 2019
In reply to dsauerbrun:

That's a very good site mate....thanks...

mrphilipoldham 17 Aug 2019
In reply to glilje:

Stay in the UK, be flexible and decide based on the weather forecast in the few days prior. You’d be unlucky not to be able to climb on any given day in North Wales, for example. You’ll always find a partner here if you’re more specific.. won’t get many takers if you ask if they’re free for the week in October now.

JLS 17 Aug 2019
In reply to glilje:

Go to Fontainebleau. You’ll get ten times more climbing done.

It’s not really bouldering, just low faff climbing if you do everything on-sight.  

Roberttaylor 17 Aug 2019
In reply to glilje:

For sport...

El Chorro, stay at Olive Branch

Costa Blanc, stay at Orange House

Otherwise Font or similar for bouldering.

Good luck.

OP glilje 18 Aug 2019
In reply to dsauerbrun:

Cool website! I'm sure I've come across it before a couple years back. It's been helpful, I've managed to get a couple of ideas from it. 

Just at a bit of a toss up between going abroad or staying local, I'd love to get a good week out in the Peak or Pembroke or north wales...

downsouth 18 Aug 2019
In reply to dsauerbrun:

Nice site. Thanks. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...