UKC

REVIEW: Tenaya Mundaka

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 23 Aug 2019
You can see the flexion in the forefoot The Mundaka is an extremely soft rock shoe designed to give a close, glove-like fit. They are so soft that they prompt Theo Moore to ask the question 'how soft is too soft...?'

Read more
 Durbs 23 Aug 2019
In reply to UKC Gear:

Any idea how the fit compares to the Oasi? I've had a pair of them for ages and they fit great, so if these are the same would make a great grit shoe...

abbeyd 24 Aug 2019
In reply to UKC Gear:

anyone know the limestone bouldering crag he is climbing at?

petegunn 24 Aug 2019
In reply to Durbs:

Out of the 3 different ones I've tried (Oasi and Iati) the Mundaka's imo are the better shoe, all 3 fit well though and seem to fit my feet a bit like the old 5.10s used too. My feet don't seem to fit well in sportivas (something to do with the big toe!?).

Mick B 26 Aug 2019
In reply to abbeyd:

> anyone know the limestone bouldering crag he is climbing at?

Looks a bit like Shining Cliff above Matlock?

Crag S - Shining Cliff

Post edited at 08:26
 Southvillain 27 Aug 2019
In reply to Durbs:

> Any idea how the fit compares to the Oasi? I've had a pair of them for ages and they fit great, so if these are the same would make a great grit shoe...

I previously had a pair of the Iati's (similar fit to the Oasi?) and, whilst I loved them, they were a bit too narrow for me. So when Tenaya described the Mundaka's as their widest shoe yet I bought a pair. And they were right; a perfect fit for me. Now on my second pair. And the other bonus for me is that my second toe is bigger than my `big' toe, which makes lots of really asymmetric shoes unbearable, but the Mundakas are fine. I also love the internal lyrca sock/tongue - just makes them mould to your feet. And I've never had a problem with the lacing system. All-in-all the perfect (indoor) shoe for me; sticky and soft. Whatever you put it on, it stays on. 

Theo Moore 28 Aug 2019
In reply to abbeyd:

It is indeed  Crag S - Shining Cliff as Mick says. Great little crag, perfect for an evening or short session and a nice compliment to The P. On the walk up from Matlock you go past lots of houses with their own personal crags in their gardens!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...