UKC

Buying a guidebook in Cornwall?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Reach>Talent 29 Aug 2019

I have had a fruitless day of trying to buy the current CC guides to Cornwall, in Cornwall. Does anywhere actually sell them or is the one in the Count House the only copy in the county?

John2 29 Aug 2019
In reply to Reach>Talent:

If you're staying at the Count House you may well find that the custodian can sell you a copy.

aostaman 29 Aug 2019

Cotswold Outdoor Truro

Tom Last 29 Aug 2019

Waterstones Truro 

OP Reach>Talent 29 Aug 2019
In reply to John2:

Unfortunately I am not staying there, but did fondle a copy on my last visit.

OP Reach>Talent 29 Aug 2019
In reply to Tom Last:

Cheers, I had the feeling Truro was my best bet unfortunately I am already down near Sennen

Still up for a peak visit mid-week soon?

Mike

cragtyke 29 Aug 2019

Try the bookshops in Penzance, I got mine at edge of the world a couple of years ago.

There's also a shop in st.ives. give them a ring.

Post edited at 20:09
 mbh 29 Aug 2019

Trevaylor campsite in Botallack? It is 5 miles from Bosigran. I think they had a guidebook or two in their shop when we stayed there a month ago.

Tom Last 29 Aug 2019

Ah mate, finally got a profile then. 

Yeah, still on for Ramshaw!

OP Reach>Talent 30 Aug 2019
In reply to cragtyke:

Unfortunately I tried every book shop, outdoor shop and news agent plus a few gift shops in Penzance and got nothing. 2 copies of South West Climbs in the Edge of the world, but I was after the definitive guide as I have a few selected/out of date guides.

Have you tried the Rockfax app? It has the full version of West Country Climbs available and is only £4 for a month. Not definitive but pretty good for the crags it covers.

https://rockfax.app

Alan

Graeme Hammond 30 Aug 2019

Next day delivery from one of the online climbing shops?

GDes 30 Aug 2019

I'm pretty sure the shop in Sennen cove sells them. The newsagent type place near the lifeguard station 

OP Reach>Talent 31 Aug 2019
In reply to GDes:

Yes it does, we got a copy of both volumes yesterday morning! They had a reasonable stock so probably a good bet for anyone else who finds themselves in a similar position. 

In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

I actually have the dead tree version of west country climbs, but as I have been coming to Cornwall for years I wanted some more variety. It is definitely a nice guide though.

David Barlow 31 Aug 2019

Treen campsite normally has a few guidebooks. 

Order online and stump up for next morni g delivery to your accommodation? Saves you wasting a day trawling around. 

Sean Kelly 31 Aug 2019

I had a similar problem trying to get chalk in Cornwall. Just nowhere!

In reply to David Barlow:

Ah they may well do, although they didn't have pitches so we went to Trevedra Farm which had pitches but no guide books

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...