UKC

Cornwall: Best base/general advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 williemiller 05 Sep 2019

We are heading down to Cornwall at the end of the month and in need of a little advice. I would be keen to hear people's opinion on the best place to base ourselves to visit a variety of crags, any must visit crags or must do routes up to E2, options for wet weather days etc

Thanks

Post edited at 10:12
 SC 05 Sep 2019
In reply to williemiller:

I'd suggest camping at Sennen. Sea View holiday park is a decent camp site, walking distance to the pub  and a good spot close to Sennen Cove, Chair Ladder, Lands End and Bosigran. 

If it rains, there's still easy routes you can climb as it's all nice grippy granite.

Martin Hore 05 Sep 2019

Recently I've always camped at Trevaylor Farm http://www.cornishcamping.co.uk/ .

I'd say it's a better site than the one at Sennen mentioned above (which I've also stayed at). It is, however under new management this year which I hope won't change things too much. 

It's mid-way between Bosigran and the main south coast granite crags. Also don't forget the Killas slate at Kenidjack. Excellent at your grades. As for must do routes, follow the stars and you won't go far wrong. 

Martin

GrahamD 05 Sep 2019

I'd try to see whether you can get a deal on a static caravan somewhere in the vicinity of Lands End.  Great zawn is the spot for E2.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...