UKC

COMPETITION: WINNER - Win a 70m Beal KARMA 9.8mm ACTIVE Line climbing rope

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 07 Sep 2019
Beal SHADOW SOFT Action Beal are giving you the chance to win one 70m KARMA 9.8mm ACTIVE Line climbing rope.

Read more
 Coel Hellier 07 Sep 2019
In reply to UKC Articles:

That competition question is a real toughy!   Can anyone help me out with it? 

Frank R. 07 Sep 2019
In reply to Coel Hellier:

Oh come on! No spoilers, don't ruin the chance for the rest of us!

MischaHY 08 Sep 2019
In reply to Coel Hellier:

I'm 99% sure the team only have the question in place to avoid their competitions getting spammed with auto-submissions or similar. 

It's the fun climbing equivalent of 'Tick this to confirm you're not a bot' and so doesn't need to actually be complex because that would actually work against the dual purpose of the giveaway - incentivising people to subscribe to brand newsletters and generally informing them/getting them psyched for a certain product release or promotion. 

I appreciate you probably know this and are just taking the piss, but doesn't do any harm to answer anyway! 

Simon.md 08 Sep 2019
In reply to MischaHY:

> I'm 99% sure the team only have the question in place to avoid their competitions getting spammed with auto-submissions or similar. 

I always thought it was to avoid falling foul of the Gambling Act and it's rules relating to lotteries?

Coel Hellier 08 Sep 2019
In reply to MischaHY:

> I'm 99% sure the team only have the question in place to avoid their competitions getting spammed with auto-submissions or similar. 

Yeah, as Simon says, I think it's that raffles/lotteries have legal restrictions whereas competitions don't, so they do it so they are the latter. 

MischaHY 08 Sep 2019
In reply to Simon.md:

You learn something every day! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...