UKC

multi pitch climbing near Berwick

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bigrob 13 Oct 2019

Multi pitch climbing near berwick

ill be there in a week or so, is there any multi pitch climbing within an hour or so.

never been that side fo the country so any heads up appreciated!

Mike-W-99 13 Oct 2019
In reply to bigrob:

Its not really multi pitch and but  The Souter (Fastcastle) is mildly adventurous in a nice situation. Nothing else of note that I'ver done unless you fancy the girdle traverse of the overhanging wall at  Traprain Law.

The sandstone cragging at Kyloe, Bowden etc would I have thought provided enough interest for a trip.

Post edited at 23:26
 SteveSBlake 15 Oct 2019
In reply to Mike-W-99:

The nearest climbing is at Spittal Quarry, just south of Berwick.  Single pitch trad sandstone.

There's a downloadable guide which can be found by searching on the County Psyche Facebook page.

Thereafter your nearest crags are the usual suspects, Berryhill, the Kyloes and Bowden group.

Steve

Jon Read 15 Oct 2019
In reply to SteveSBlake:

Steve, the fabulous and very handy topo isn't actually downloadable

https://issuu.com/thenmc/docs/spittal_8

SteveSBlake 15 Oct 2019
In reply to Jon Read:

Hi Jon,

If, as described you go to the County Psyche Facebook page and search on there for Spittal Quarry,you should find a downloadable PDF. I've just done it and it downloads OK.....

Issuu is a dead duck...... All of the topos for new areas in the County have been uploaded onto the County Psyche page, search and you will find....

Steve

SteveSBlake 15 Oct 2019
In reply to full stottie:

Of course.... Titus Groan is a multipitch, all three in 48m...

The other routes may make the hike worthwhile.

Steve

Jon Read 15 Oct 2019
In reply to SteveSBlake:

Thanks Steve, but I'm afraid that doesn't work for me either. It returns a result (spittal quarry pdf version 1) but it doesn't link on to a pdf. I dont wish to offer eggs for sucking, but have you got the sharing settings correct? 

Post edited at 20:22
 Mike-W-99 15 Oct 2019
In reply to Jon Read:

Worked for me although a bit of a waste as the grades are a bit out of my league.

Jon Read 15 Oct 2019
In reply to Mike-W-99:

Doh! It appears modern technology defeats me. It works for me too. User error. Sorry, Steve!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...