UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: Rab GORE-TEX Glove Range

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 28 Oct 2019
Pivot GTX Close up The next generation of Rab gloves are here. Working together with GORE-TEX for the first time, we are excited to combine our expertise and experience in building world-class mountain products. Our newly developed GORE-TEX range includes waterproof clothing and accessories built to withstand the most demanding conditions as well as innovative products that blend performance and comfort for everyday use.

Read more
 angry pirate 28 Oct 2019
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

What happened to the Outdry gloves they did last year? Best winter climbing gloves I've ever worn!

Damo 28 Oct 2019
In reply to angry pirate:

I guess now they've started using Gore they can't use Outdry. That's the way the outdoor business works.

I've heard Outdry is particularly good for gloves.

angry pirate 28 Oct 2019
In reply to Damo:

Such a shame. They are frankly awesome! The lack of taped seams around fingers gives a really decent dexterity and they breathe well.

Odd that this kind of brand monopoly pervades.. Scarpa avoided it when they lined boots with goretex and Outdry in others (I have Outdry boots and they are awesome too)

Adam_42 05 Nov 2019
In reply to angry pirate:

I might be wrong on this, but I think Columbia have actually withdrawn licensing of Outdry from other brands in general so that they can keep it as their own proprietary technology. At least that was their intention at one stage though I can't see anything about it online following a quick Google.

angry pirate 05 Nov 2019
In reply to Adam_42:

Ah, that's a shame if they have. I'm a real convert

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...