UKC

VIDEO: Kendal Rekindled: Emma Twyford Interview

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 19 Nov 2019
Emma Twyford and Rob Emma Twyford has had a massive year. She's ticked The Big Bang, becoming the first British woman to climb 9a and The Big Issue (E9 6c). We caught up with her at Kendal Mountain Festival where she was promoting her new film.

Read more
 Naomi Buys 19 Nov 2019
In reply to UKC News:

I thought Emma climbed the Big Issue in August last year?? Fantastic efforts on both the Bigs, what an inspiration! 

Wiley Coyote2 19 Nov 2019
In reply to UKC News:

I think it would have been more informative if Emma hadn't had  to struggle to get a word in edgeways. The  fabled Jim Naughtie school of interviewing  where the question is five times longer than the answer

In reply to Naomi Buys:

Hi Naomi,

Funnily enough I got chatting to someone on FB about this last night who basically said the same thing - "are you guys aware she ticked big issue in 2018?".

I'd offer a very definite 'oops' to this one, as I should have known better. I'd love to have recovered it by claiming that she did it within the last 12 months (as opposed to calendar year) but before you look - it wasn't (it was August 2018).

Either way, my error, but still (hopefully) a nice chat - particularly about the ups and downs during The Big Bang.

Post edited at 06:40
In reply to Wiley Coyote2:

It was always meant to be a more conversational style, so not exactly Frost/Nixon, Paxman, or Humphreys. Furthermore, I'm not a 'short and to the point' kind of person, I like rambling my way through points and problems, and I hope there's others out there who like the approach.

For what it's worth, Emma and I have known each-other for a great many years and hopefully this - and the fact she felt relaxed (and seemed to have fun) throughout - mean you get a good glimpse into her character.

Naomi Buys 20 Nov 2019
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Easily done. Anyway, Emma has still had a massive year, what with her and matt's epic alpine adventure in the spring. And I think it's even more impressive that she climbs to such a high standard year after year - this is no flash in the pan, Emma has consistently been at the top of her game since she was a youth competitor. Props! 

In reply to Naomi Buys:

Clearly it'd be great to have a chat with you sometime too Naomi, so get yourself to Kendal next year and we'll get a date in the diary...just don't expect any short questions...

Naomi Buys 20 Nov 2019
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

I'd better get cracking and climb something good before then! :-D 

Wft 20 Nov 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Good to see Rob's hairstyle is back to 11, I've missed it. 

Ian Ash 20 Nov 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Disappointing to spend so much time listening to the interviewer and so little time listening to Emma.

In reply to UKC News:

The best thing about the video was Rob's hairdo - bravo!

The worst thing was this continuing nonsense of wearing massive woolly hats indoors whilst also wearing a vest. It's incredibly pretentious and it makes the culprit look genuinely stupid.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...