UKC

New Sprayway Torridon Jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fiskavaig 29 Nov 2019

Anyone got one of these? any good? and how is the sizing?

In reply to Fiskavaig:

A timely question: this went live on Tuesday.

https://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/clothing/waterproofs/sprayway_torridon-1232...

Feel free to fire across any questions

Neil Williams 29 Nov 2019
In reply to Fiskavaig:

Is that in a classic length, i.e. with a "skirt" for those of us who never wear waterproof trousers (prefer shorts and damp legs) but don't like getting a damp manhood?  That sort of jacket seems to have died out near enough.

Post edited at 15:52
 Max Hangs 29 Nov 2019
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

I have a question. Is it available in any shops anywhere near Sheffield/the Peak?

Internet searches have turned up nothing and I don't really want to mess around ordering multiple sizes and dealing with returns.

Edit: I'm sure Google used to allow searching by physical shop only, but I can't seem to do this any more. I know people prefer the internet to shops, but it's frustrating when you're forced onto the internet for something you're obviously going to want to try on.

Post edited at 16:23
In reply to Max Hangs:

Having done what is likely to be a very similar set of searches to you I am none the wiser either, so let me approach Sprayway direct and see if I can get an answer straight from the horses mouth.

update: I've sent them an email and will keep you posted as/when I hear back

Post edited at 16:46
 Max Hangs 29 Nov 2019

Thanks very much Rob!

Jack Finney 29 Nov 2019
In reply to Fiskavaig: There was a full set of sizes at the old barn in Castleton last weekend. It looked really good in the flesh.

OP Fiskavaig 30 Nov 2019

Hi Rob, Does this jacket come down below crutch level to about halfway between crutch and knee? like the old Torridons used too?

OP Fiskavaig 30 Nov 2019
In reply to Fiskavaig:

I Hate these new short jackets, that come down to just below your belly button! meaning you need leggings on, at the slightest drizzle! I had two original Sprayway Torridon jackets, and only needed leggings when it was Skye Rain! when they wore out, the shorter jackets were hitting the shops, but found a 3 layer goretex, of the same length, from Taunton leisure, when that gave up no one sold long jactets, so had one made to measure from Slioch over on the West coast. they have gone out of business, and my last long jacket is about to die! So am really hopeing that these new Torridons are long enough? 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...