UKC

First nearly 4 mile run in a long while

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jamesg85 23 Dec 2019

Yesterday I ran 3.94 miles, took me 52 minutes. That must seem slow but I did run the whole way. I'm just a beginner really so it's a good start. I feel better for it today and hope it can help me to stop drinking alcohol. 

Post edited at 11:12
 Run_Ross_Run 23 Dec 2019
In reply to jamesg85:

Awesome effort. Well done!!!

bouldery bits 23 Dec 2019
In reply to jamesg85:

Well done mate. Keep it up! 

mountainbagger 23 Dec 2019
In reply to jamesg85:

Fantastic James! Well done and I sincerely hope it helps with your other challenge.

NathanP 23 Dec 2019
In reply to jamesg85:

Nice one. The thing to do now is to do it again tomorrow and again a couple of days after that, keep on repeating but don't push yourself so hard that you get injured.  

balmybaldwin 23 Dec 2019
In reply to jamesg85:

Enjoy the nice achy feeling tomorrow then

BusyLizzie 24 Dec 2019
In reply to jamesg85:

Great start! Keep at it.

Ben_Climber 24 Dec 2019
In reply to jamesg85:

Top work mate!

Keep it up, consistency is key!

Ciro 24 Dec 2019
In reply to jamesg85:

Worked for me - shifting the focus from what you think is pleasurable at the time but has a downside, to pleasurable activity that only has positive returns. Getting started is the hardest part, so well done! Once you get into the swing it's a big positive feedback loop - the fitter you get, the better you feel, the easier it is to motivate yourself to get out and run and stay away from the things that would delay your recovery and his you back.

I found picking out races to train for very useful as well - as long as you're only looking to improve your PB, and not caring about where you are in the field, it gives you a plan to keep you motivated.

Teetotal for years now, best thing I ever did.

Enjoy the journey 🙂

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...