UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Free Climbing The Nose

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 27 Dec 2019
Sébastian Berthe on a free ascent of The Nose On November 11, 2019, Belgian climber Sébastien Berthe became only the seventh person to free climb the Nose (VI 5.14a), the world's most famous route, on El Capitan, Yosemite. He also became the first person ever to free climb the route ground up.

Read more
 Dave Cundy 30 Dec 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Might have been a nice story but I found it an unwatchable video.  The constant cutting from one scene to another was incredibly distracting, like watching a trailer for a film at the cinema.  Maybe that's what the film really is, just an advert for Berthe, rather than something for the viewer to enjoy?

Alex Riley 30 Dec 2019
In reply to Dave Cundy:

I watched this last night. I wonder if it seemed that way because they didn’t have that much film footage, perhaps only really started filming when it seemed like he had a good chance of freeing the route (ie after doing the great roof quickly).

Anotherclimber 30 Dec 2019
In reply to UKC News:

A mess.

Deadeye 31 Dec 2019
In reply to UKC News:

Ugh.

TheGeneralist 01 Jan 2020
In reply to Alex Riley:

> I watched this last night. I wonder if it seemed that way because they didn’t have that much film footage, perhaps only really started filming when it seemed like he had a good chance of freeing the route (ie after doing the great roof quickly).

This

In reply to UKC News:

Such a pity the editing is so poor. It's really one of the worst cut movies I've ever seen. It reminds me of something I remember the director John Guillermin saying: 'It's cut to buggery!'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...