UKC

App navigate to buttress

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 thepodge 06 Jan 2020

Can the Android Rockfax app navigate you to a buttress?

I already have the Rockfax Peak Bouldering book but wasn't sure if to fork out for the app. 

I was at Burbage North Chant the other day and tried making my way down to Ash Tree Boulders. We gave up after opening the book every 100 yards to see if we were there yet. I figured the app might be better for this. 

Couple of other questions:

I have UKC set to V grades but everything in the app is f, can this be changed so everything is V?

Some problems have different grades in the book to in the app. Any reason for this?

In reply to thepodge:

> Can the Android Rockfax app navigate you to a buttress?

You can't yet do this with the offline maps on Android, but it's in the works.

You can do it on the Map tab in both iOS and Android, but it's a bit round about now I look at it, as you can't search for a sector there:

You first need to have the crag installed, then search for it on the maps tab and select it from the results. This will show the markers for the sectors on the map as well as the crag (only the sectors for the selected crag are shown so as not to pollute the map too much). You'll then have to tap on the sector markers to figure out which one is Ash Tree Boulders.

> I have UKC set to V grades but everything in the app is f, can this be changed so everything is V?

There isn't a mechanism to change between grade systems. We don't want to do that really as there's a loss of fidelity when swapping between them.

> Some problems have different grades in the book to in the app. Any reason for this?

That must mean they've been updated since the book was published.

OP thepodge 06 Jan 2020
In reply to Stephen Horne - Rockfax:

Thanks for that, my mate has just installed it on his iPhone so between us we might work out where we're going next time.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...