UKC

BD BOD Harness

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Gordon 09 Jan 2020

Quick question for those familiar with these. On the waist belt, is it necessary to pass the strap back through the buckle again? The diagrams seem to show this, but as far as I can see it should work fine without doing so. 

DaveHK 09 Jan 2020
In reply to Michael Gordon:

Yes, it needs to be passed back through. Not sure why you'd query that when that's what the instructions show!

Post edited at 18:32
In reply to DaveHK:

OK thanks, I wasn't familiar with the design.  I see now that there's a bit of instructions on one of the leg loops which shows it more explicitly.

TobyA 10 Jan 2020

Cliffhanger with Sly Stallone shows what happens if you don't!!!

DaveHK 10 Jan 2020

> OK thanks, I wasn't familiar with the design.  I see now that there's a bit of instructions on one of the leg loops which shows it more explicitly.

The design is a wee bit different from other double back buckles and I suspect it would slip less than other designs if not doubled back but it definitely requires that.

Was it not a law suit due failure to double back a buckle that caused Chouinard to break up? Not sure if it was a Bod or something else.

Post edited at 13:17
 wbo2 10 Jan 2020
In reply to DaveHK: Yes - exactly that, 

We haven't had a thread where somebody is looking for a harness with such buckles for a while....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...