UKC

Moonboard assessment

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cwarby 22 Jan 2020

Anybody tried the moonboard assessment on the app? Am thinking of giving it a go in the 10 day period suggested.

If you did, did it help with training planning?

Cheers

Chris

Climber_Bill 22 Jan 2020
In reply to cwarby:

Didn't realise there was an assessment on the app.

That's great news. Us cyborg climbers need to be assessed, evaluated, measured and classified at every opportunity.

Do I have to buy a new pair of Moon trousers though? I've had my current ones at least 2 weeks and have washed them a few times so they are not looking brand new any more.

TJB.

climber34neil 22 Jan 2020
In reply to cwarby:

Moonboard!! That will soon be going the same way as the dinosaurs and Elvis , get with the new school, kilter board is the future ( you don't even have to wear tartan if you don't want to, although Cynthia looks splendid in matching kilt and sporon the other day) 

OP cwarby 22 Jan 2020
In reply to climber34neil:

Yeah, but I can wear my moonkini and nobody can say I'm cyborg. Still coming up 14-23 Feb. You up for some grit?

climber34neil 22 Jan 2020
In reply to cwarby:

Ha, don't think I'll spot you on that session! Yes will be about, I'll order perfect conditions !

In reply to climber34neil:

The first Kilter board I used was at the Beacon. It’s pretty impressive system isn’t it? I think that a big advantage is the hold/angle combos open the board up to a much wider bunch of climbers whereas Moonboard is, on the whole, nails! However, for my board at home, the price difference between schoolroom sets and Kilter holds is huge. I find that Sharpie Pens and insulation tape means there’s no need for light up holds😂

It’s great to have varied boards, and given the community now, I don’t think the moonboard is dead and buried quite yet.

climbingnoob 23 Jan 2020
In reply to Climber_Bill:

climber humour on ukc is a bit narcissistic! 🤨👎

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...