UKC

FEATURE: Nobody's Wing Man: Seb Bouin - The Story so Far

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 29 Jan 2020
La Rage d'Adam 9b/+, Ramirole, Verdon Gorge. Dave Barnes discusses pushing the known limits with the world's most accomplished rock climber of 2019: Sébastien Bouin.

The name Bouin is mostly associated with a fixing and preserving solution used in histology, consisting of a variety of acids. Sébastien Bouin is a contemporary French rock climber who is reaching for the cutting edge of possibility with only a couple of climbers in front of him and all within reach. Like an acid, he just keeps burning through the grades. Seb climbs like a young man who has not learnt fear and commits totally to a sequence and is fluid over steep terrain. His immense strength and skilful technique are appreciated by many.

Read more
 Bulls Crack 29 Jan 2020
In reply to UKC Articles:

'Like an acid, he just keeps burning through the grades'.....

....It's not about hard, it's about ascetics'

I see what you did there - like it!

MischaHY 29 Jan 2020

Super inspired by Seb. No nonsense, just pure psyche and massive skills on ridiculous cool lines. 

I adore Verdon and it's so cool seeing Seb put it on the map for super hard sport. 

mfuhrer 29 Jan 2020

Would love to sit down for some tea and nutella with this guy! Great to see Seb continue to be inspired by the setting of a route rather than just its technical merits alone - isn't that what sits at the heart of climbing?

Puli 30 Jan 2020

I enjoy reading articles about climbers who just not focuss on a sort of climbing but enjoy overall climbing like Seb doing multipitch routes.
Great article to stoke motivation 

Post edited at 10:30

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...