UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Ondra falls off a 7a

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 14 Feb 2020
Ondra falls off 7a The end of days! Up is down, black is white and Ondra has fallen off a 7a sport route. Twice. The incident was filmed in Croatia at the climbing area of Istria and it's a shocking watch. Later on in the film, Ondra manages to casually onsight a few 8b+ routes, but the memory of the 7a fall must haunt him...

Read more
 Tom Last 14 Feb 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Didn’t he fall off La Marie Rose too? Then again, that is absolutely nails. 

Paul Sagar 14 Feb 2020
In reply to UKC News:

I just love this video so, so much 

Deadeye 15 Feb 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Quelle punteur

Adrien 15 Feb 2020
In reply to Tom Last:

But then he climbs at a level where polish probably isn't an issue, so I assume he was caught off-guard! On that same trip he also flashed La Merveille and Gecko Assis

Petar Samkov 15 Feb 2020
In reply to UKC News:

I can proudly say I have dropped that very same move twice as well. Never felt so good watching someone falling?! 🤔

1poundSOCKS 15 Feb 2020
In reply to Adrien:

> But then he climbs at a level where polish probably isn't an issue

Maybe Silence has escaped so far but some very hard routes suffer the same fate as the easier routes. For example Rainman at Malham weighs in at F9b and starts up Raindogs, which is just as polished as the crag warm up.

climbercool 15 Feb 2020
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

I climb mostly in China and i think their are only a few 8c 8c+ and harder routes in the whole of Asia, as a result if you go to crags with 8cs they very often have ques to climb them and presumably are therefore quite polished.

climberchristy 16 Feb 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Just watched the video and thought Wow! That tufa looks familiar. Well...it is ...cos I did Truffelschwein a couple of years ago. I thought it felt 7a+ so that gives him a plus more excuse for slipping off it!😊 It took me three goes to do it. Does this mean I am now on about a par with Ondra??? 😊😊

In reply to climberchristy:

3 goes to write this post as well

climberchristy 17 Feb 2020
In reply to climberclimber321:

Sorry lost me there? 

Gambit 18 Feb 2020
In reply to UKC News: What a legend actually having the confidence to post this. Would be great if others did likewise

Michael Hood 18 Feb 2020

> Sorry lost me there? 

At one stage (not now) your previous post was displayed three times in a row.

climberchristy 18 Feb 2020
In reply to Michael Hood:

Ah thanks for clearing that up. When I posted it seemed not to submit so I clicked submit a couple more times. However from my login view it only appeared once.

AlanLittle 19 Feb 2020

> Does this mean I am now on about a par with Ondra?

If you want to be better go & flash La Marie Rose (Red 22) (f6A)

john arran 19 Feb 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Seems to me that, given the newfound faux kudos potential from flashing this route, whatever hideous polish there already is on that foothold may be about to get a whole lot worse.

LeeWood 19 Feb 2020
In reply to john arran:

It's made him (or his sponsors) some good publicity, whatever. I don't bother to follow his latest top ticks - but we can all relate to someone who comes down to earth with us  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...