UKC

Quickdraws

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Does anybody know if Decathlon's own  brand of climbing gear (Simond) is any good for their 11cm quickdraws?

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/rocky-quickdraw-11-cm-id_8058344.html

misterb 16 Feb 2020
In reply to Climbing Joanna:

Just buy the cheaper petzl ones , djinn ,then you will have no worries

they are excellent sport draws at an excellent price

my friend bought some cheap draws and they munched ropes which is more expensive than spending the extra on the draws

Climber_Bill 16 Feb 2020

A climbing partner has a few and they are fine. Not as good as premium draws such as the DMM Alpha Sport of Petzl Spirit Express, but absolutely fine.

I would definitely buy and use them.

TJB.

Andypeak 16 Feb 2020

Ive got some. Perfectly happy with them.

jbrom 16 Feb 2020

I have these as a result of looking around for some heavier duty, workhorse sport draws that weren't too expensive. They have been heavily used for a couple of years now. Been absolutely fine and would buy more to replace them if needed.

Only downside; gentle ribbing from climbing partners referring to (unrelated) recent Decathlon climbing gear recalls.

jbrom 18 Feb 2020

Just to add to my previous comments, I have noticed from other threads that you have been asking about starting to build a trad rack. These wouldn't be my quickdraws of choice for a trad rack, short, stiff slings and relatively heavy, which soon adds up when combined with the rest of a rack.

For more all round quickdraws you could do a lot worse than the DMM Spectres which are currently discounted at Needlesports.

https://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Climbing-Equipment/Rock-Trad-Climbin...

Apologies if you already know this and are looking for more sport specific quickdraws.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...